Day 13: Tired, bloated, headache, feeling heavy ughhh

LA_fe

So it's Day 13, and instead of boundless energy, I just feel bleh  :unsure:. I'm tired despite eight hours of sleep, I feel bloated and heavy, my clothes don't fit better, I've lost my appetite and I sort of feel like I'm force-feeding myself, and I've had an annoying headache the past few days. I felt pretty fantastic the first few days of Whole30, but now I feel just like I did before I started the program. I'm feeling pretty discouraged right now--I feel like all I've accomplished is doubling my grocery budget only to feel just as crappy. I guess I hoped the big change to my diet would mean an equally big change to how I felt physically. 

Someone care to take a look at what I've been eating and help me improve?

Here were the last three days:

Day 12

M1: GT's hibiscus kombucha (I drink this on the way to work); coffee w/ 1 Tbsp.coconut cream (well, the coconut solids I skim off the top of a can of coconut milk); prosciutto ; 1/2 giant sweet potato with 1 Tbsp coconut cream and cinnamon

M2: 6-8 oz carnitas over a LOT of mixed greens (like, half of a large container); 3-4 Tbsp. guac;  3-4 cuties clementines

M3: About 1.5 cooked cups of zoodles and julienned carrots topped with meat sauce (tomato sauce and ground beef)

Day 11

M1: sweet potato with 1 Tbsp coconut cream and cinnamon; beef epic bar; cashew lara bar (I know I know ... this was was my first larabar of the program though)

M2: 6-8 oz carnitas over mixed greens ; 3-4 Tbsp. guac

Snack: coconut larabar; handful pecans; 3 clementines (I ended up working three hours later than usual, was starving, and this was what I had that was compatible)

M4: about 1.5 cooked cups of zoodles topped with meat sauce 

Snack: banana and almond butter (It was a looong day for me)

Day 10

M1: 6 oz steak; two eggs fried in coconut oil; sweet potato home fries; coffee w/ 1 Tbsp. coconut cream

Snack: handful of mixed berries 

M2: salmon over mixed salad greens and 3-4 Tbsp. guac

(I know, I know ... only two meals. I just felt so full and bloated after M1, and wasn't hungry at all until M2)

So it's Day 13, and instead of boundless energy, I just feel bleh  :unsure:. I'm tired despite eight hours of sleep, I feel bloated and heavy, my clothes don't fit better, I've lost my appetite and I sort of feel like I'm force-feeding myself, and I've had an annoying headache the past few days. I felt pretty fantastic the first few days of Whole30, but now I feel just like I did before I started the program. I'm feeling pretty discouraged right now--I feel like all I've accomplished is doubling my grocery budget only to feel just as crappy. I guess I hoped the big change to my diet would mean an equally big change to how I felt physically. 

Someone care to take a look at what I've been eating and help me improve?

Here were the last three days:

Day 12

M1: GT's hibiscus kombucha (I drink this on the way to work); coffee w/ 1 Tbsp.coconut cream (well, the coconut solids I skim off the top of a can of coconut milk); prosciutto ; 1/2 giant sweet potato with 1 Tbsp coconut cream and cinnamon

M2: 6-8 oz carnitas over a LOT of mixed greens (like, half of a large container); 3-4 Tbsp. guac;  3-4 cuties clementines

M3: About 1.5 cooked cups of zoodles and julienned carrots topped with meat sauce (tomato sauce and ground beef)

Day 11

M1: sweet potato with 1 Tbsp coconut cream and cinnamon; beef epic bar; cashew lara bar (I know I know ... this was was my first larabar of the program though)

M2: 6-8 oz carnitas over mixed greens ; 3-4 Tbsp. guac

Snack: coconut larabar; handful pecans; 3 clementines (I ended up working three hours later than usual, was starving, and this was what I had that was compatible)

M4: about 1.5 cooked cups of zoodles topped with meat sauce 

Snack: banana and almond butter (It was a looong day for me)

Day 10

M1: 6 oz steak; two eggs fried in coconut oil; sweet potato home fries; coffee w/ 1 Tbsp. coconut cream

Snack: handful of mixed berries 

M2: salmon over mixed salad greens and 3-4 Tbsp. guac

(I know, I know ... only two meals. I just felt so full and bloated after M1, and wasn't hungry at all until M2)

You're eating a lot of fruit (which can cause bloating, and a lot of fairly high FODMAP foods (which I've highlighted in red) - you might want to try cutting back on both for a few days and see how you go...

Also, how's your water/salt intake?

I was just reading that everyone hits these stages on slightly different days. I skipped the hangover and needing to kill things (i.e., felt great), digestion problems on day 4 (instead of 8), started napping on day 5, and finally feeling normal on day 8. I'm a little "off schedule" from the timeline but it fits. You may just be getting symptoms at different times, especially as it sounds like you skipped the first stages as well.

HANG IN THERE!!

Thanks for the input! Starting now, I'm eliminating fruits and nuts and cutting down on my FODMAP foods. I hope those changes help and that I feel better soon because right now I've gone four days with an awful headache and feeling lethargic and constipated. 

Fingers crossed that this is the 'worse' before the 'better.'

Archived