Started Whole 30 Yesterday!

meloncollie124

Hi Everyone--

My wife and I started Whole30 yesterday, and we are very excited for the journey! Day 1 was great, and we woke up feeling energized today! Now, however, we are dragging. The only thing I am "missing" is my coffee... I guess the first lesson we are learning is to plan ahead! We made the decision to do this over the weekend, and it has been a whirlwind since. I am interested in learning from others who are doing/completed Whole30 is how do you manage tree nut allergies? Both of us have many food allergies, including carrot, pepper, lemon, pineapple, and tree nuts. Tree nuts seem like they would be a great midday pick-me-up, but since we can't consume them, what are some alternatives?

Thanks, All!

• Moderators

Ideally, your meals will keep you satisfied for 4-5 hours at a time and you won't need any kind of snack. After the first week or so, your energy should start to even out as well, so you don't need that pick-me-up.

If you're actually hungry between meals, have a mini meal of protein, fat, and vegetables -- a hard boiled egg, some carrots, celery, or bell pepper, with some mayo or guacamole, for instance, or just a smaller portion of leftovers.

If you're just tired, try getting up and going for a quick walk or at least standing up and stretching. It would be a good time to go refill your water glass/bottle, for instance. 

You do know you can have coffee on Whole30, right? If you just can't stand it without cream or sugar and you're really having trouble with the tiredness, you could replace your coffee with some caffeinated tea instead to ween yourself off  of it slowly, but if you choose just not to have any caffeine, it will probably take a few days to a week to get past the caffeine withdrawal symptoms, which are typically tiredness and headache. 

Archived