emoticons

LydiaJo

• Moderators

They're found on other websites and added as pictures.

Do a search for emoticons (or if there's one you've seen on the forum you want to use, try right clicking it) -- when you find one you want to use, you want to copy the image location, then go to the message you're typing, click the little square Image icon, below the smiley face, and you'll get a popup to enter the image location -- paste it there and click okay, and you should see it in your message.

Here's one to try it on if you want:   washing-the-dishes-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Moderators

The image location for that one is actually   

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/housework/washing-the-dishes-smiley-emoticon.gif   -- you need that whole web address. I'm using Firefox at the moment, and had to right click the picture, and then a box popped up that said Save or Close -- Save actually just opened the image in another tab, where I right clicked it and chose Copy Image Location. I could have also at that point copied the address from the address bar. (I just tried it in Edge, the new Internet Explorer for Windows10, and it was the same thing, click save, it opens in a new tab, get the address there -- I assume Internet Explorer would work the same way.)

Once you've copied that address, come back to where you're typing your reply here on the forum, and click the little square to add an image (up above where you're typing, below the smiley face), and in the box that pops up, paste in the whole address, and when you click okay, you should immediately see the image in your reply.

Archived