Being Fat Adapted is Awesome!

This is going in the Post Whole30 because we know we should eat 3 (or 4) meals a day during the Whole30 for reset purposes but Post Whole30 it's very convenient to not HAVE to eat at certain times.

It definitely is a case by case situation and not recommended for everyone, but personally intermittent fasting works for me. I got out of the IF habit during my Whole30 but yesterday had a situation where I had to choose between eating horribly or not eating at all.

I was coming back from teaching at the RKC (Russian Kettlebell Certification) in Philly and between not being able to navigate to get gas, getting lost, and trying to find the rental car place, we ran out of time to stop for breakfast. No good options were in the airport and the flight was delayed. It was after 3:30pm before I could find food t I felt good about eating and it was no big deal. I remember the days of being super grouchy if I didn't eat every few hours. It was nice for it to be a fine situation. My friend resorted to eating a bear claw!

• 3 months later...

That's great to hear Delaine. I have really struggled in the past with not eating every few hours and it really bugged me that I couldn't go without food. I hated the irritability that came with it too. On Day 5 of my program today and already feeling better. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well said. This is what eating a paleo diet, along with intermittent fasting, had done for me years before I had heard of the whole 30 and ISWF. Which makes doing my first w30 pretty easy (on day 8 now with absolutely no problems). Eating every 4 or 5 hours is a guideline for success, not a requirement for w30, and I've been in a couple of similar situations where I had to skip a meal with no issue. I mainly crave w30 approved style meas for my next meal - like a giant salad with meat and avocado drizzled drenched with olive oil.

Archived