My ReIntro

gm20

So I have to say I'm extremely nervous about this but I know this is an important part of the experiment. So I've moved things around for various reasons:

Day 1 is today and I'm testing out gluten containing grains. Having 1/2 cup of pasta with my lunch & then sourdough pizza (without cheese) for dinner tonight. Let's see how it goes!!

Plan is day 4: dairy, day 7: non-gluten grains (specifically rice and oats) and day 10: legumes. Day 13 I've decided to try corn separately!

Wow well that was fast - pretty much instant sore throat and swollen glands. I guess pasta is not my friend.

Still going to have the sourdough pizza tonight (without cheese) to see what kind of reaction that gives as the sourdough fermentation might help but I have a feeling I'll be limiting gluten to very, very special occasions only (like Christmas in Italy with my family - we are Italian so fresh pasta is a big deal!). Sad but at least now I know and go forward armed with this information.

• Moderators

Given the drastic and immediate reaction, you may be best served by going back to Whole30 until you feel as good as you did this morning before the pasta and then do the sourdough... it will be exceedingly difficult to tell if any reaction is from the sourdough if you're already having a reaction from the pasta... of course this all depends on how much time you have but to get the best results, once you have a reaction to anything, the best thing to do is to go back to all compliant eating until you clear up and then move on to the next thing.

Ah thank you for the response but unfortunately I read this too late! However the pasta reaction went down in 30 mins and so far have had very limited reaction to sourdough apart from minor burping... So I think I can be more flexible with sourdough in the future. But obviously no more gluten until post-re intro period. I am on a bit of a tight schedule as my mother's birthday dinner out is coming up soon!

So I had given myself 3 days to recover from the gluten and re-intro-ed dairy today which made my lymph glands swell up, but then at office lunch (salads!) I found out there were lentils in my food and I foolishly didn't realise, so now I've re-intro-ed two things at once without meaning too!

I have my mother's birthday dinner coming up on Tuesday, where there are no really compliant menu options as it is also a tasting menu. I was happy to do it before because I thought I would have finished my re-intro schedule. Now I'm not so sure what to do. I could go back to W30 eating for the next few days until Tuesday, eat Tuesday and then W30 again for another 7 days and try re-intro again then? Would that work?

Archived