Starting tomorrow, May 12th!

tassyc

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I had a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee, a square of Green&Blacks v nice chocolate, an inch of white wine and some baked camembert on an apple! Otherwise all meals etc compliant. Feel a bit sick actually, the cheese was SO rich. Wasn't craving any of it really, so that's good. Fine to get back to W30 tomorrow.

Well done lovely ladies :-) V happy to keep posting here, interested in everyone's reintroductions.

I'm waiting til tomorrow to have a glass of wine.

While my ultimate goal was not to lose weight, I weighed myself today, because I don't have a scale at home. Down 6 pounds! And down maybe half an inch at my skinniest part. A few of my friends have independently commented that I look slimmer. One knew I was doing this, but the other didn't.

I've turned into this strange person who LOVES bone broth. I never thought I'd enjoy sautéed cabbage and beets with my eggs in the morning. So strange.

Thanks, ladies, for all your support.

The journey continues, and we get healthier.

My boss is convinced that I'm doing Paleo (that what he tries to follow) , and he is now convinced he needs to get back on board.

I think I lost 10lbs! Although got the dog half way through, so an hour's walking a day has got to be part of that.

Felt sick for a while after the cheese last night. Have slight hay fever symptoms today, but I've got them occasionally during the Whole30 if it's been a REALLY bad pollen day, so not sure if it's the dairy or just coincidence. Will keep an eye on that.

So far on my first non-W30 day I've had black unsweetened coffee, and for breakfast bacon, tomatoes, spinach and a handful of dates. No desire to eat anything non-compliant whatsoever.

I'm totally out of food though, so have to do a big cook-up for the week ahead. On Saturdays I normally bake a few sweet potatoes, make some mayonnaise, and pre-cook at least one paleo meal (chilli, curry, stew etc) so the first few days of the week are sorted. Then during the week I just need to make family food.

The next plan of attack - how to transition the family to a paleo diet...

Lisa, it's great that you're inspiring people! My friend's daughter is going to try to cut out wheat to see if that helps with her hay fever symptoms. I keep thinking of people this could help - my husband's friend with high blood pressure, my brother who has stomach issues, my friend who has really bad eczema-like patches on her skin... need to practice being subtle/tactful yet encouraging... Not my strong point, especially not with my little brother, lol. 

How's everyone feeling? I'm a bit blurgh. I didn't want to do the official schedule, because I'm not planning on reintroducing everything, don't want to spend 10 days feeling rubbish, and tbh had had enough of being told what to do!  :P So am trying plan B.

Friday night - cheese, felt sick.

Saturday - "Nourishing Traditions" bread made with spelt soaked in yoghurt for 12 hours - supposed to help pre-digest it and make it easier for your body to absorb. Had loads of energy during the day, but did not sleep well at night. 

Sunday - am having hay fever symptoms. Argh.

Am I not going to be able to eat anything else ever again?!  :wacko:

MOD EDIT: the cheese and spelt/yogurt bread is part of this person's post-Whole30 reintroduction phase and is not compliant with the Whole30 as written.

Oh Clare! Don't be an Eeyore! You felt so good just a few days back. Of course you'll be able to eat regular food again, you just need to figure out what gives you trouble. You've introduced so many foods so quickly. The bread had dairy, and you had trouble with cheese the day prior. Maybe try going back to Whole 30 for just a couple days, then try grains on their own without any dairy.

Me, I've had 3 glasses of white wine in the past two days without any trouble. I know that red wine gives me trouble-- it knocks me out cold when I'm eating normally. I'll have to test that one later while I'm still eating pretty much Whole30. I am tired of being told what to do also, so I'm testing a little farther than suggested. Nothing new tomorrow, only a clean Whole 30. Then I'm torn about what to try next.... legumes, which I love.... or non-gluten grains? I'm going out to lunch at a super nice restaurant next Wednesday or Thursday, and I don't want to be limited too much.

MOD EDIT: the wine is part of this person's post-Whole30 reintroduction phase and is not compliant with the Whole30 as written.

Ha ha, sorry ;) I do feel a bit moan-y. My hay fever symptoms yesterday turned into a full blown nightmare - itchy eyes, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, headache... went to bed with my 3 year old at about 8pm! (Husband not very impressed.) Another bad night's sleep as well. Have been extra grumpy with the children this morning - I definitely think wheat makes me hate all the things  :(

Lisa, you're absolutely right, I am going way too fast. In fact, I think I need to go even slower than the Whole30 reintro schedule, and just try one food at a time. I'll eat clean until I feel better (hardly any symptoms so far today), then will try my luck with yoghurt. 

OK, so a couple of W30 days, hay fever symptoms disappeared. Have just made a loaf with rye sourdough starter (supposed to be low in gluten), and gluten free flour (a mix of rice, potato, tapioca, maize and buckwheat). Turned out well, was yummy... lets see what happens!

MOD EDIT: this gluten free loaf is part of this person's post-Whole30 reintroduction phase and is not compliant with the Whole30 as written.

• Administrators

OK, so a couple of W30 days, hay fever symptoms disappeared. Have just made a loaf with rye sourdough starter (supposed to be low in gluten), and gluten free flour (a mix of rice, potato, tapioca, maize and buckwheat). Turned out well, was yummy... lets see what happens!

Hi to oldwomaninshoe and the group.

We're very glad that you are doing systematic reintroductions but we would ask that you move those discussions and posts in the Post Whole30 section of the forum. It can be confusing for folks coming along and reading about your gluten-free bread loaf and maybe not completely understanding that you are in the reintros portion of your journey.

I have edited your previous posts with a note that the items are non-compliant and are being experienced after Whole30.  If you would like help starting a topic in the Post section, please let myself or any other moderator know.   :)

Archived