June 1st 2016! DO or DIE right?!?!

socalmama

I know bacon is a no-no except for a certain brand that is compliant.  Does anyone know what that brand name is?  also, my grocer has Aidelle (sp?) sausage but most of iit has cheese in it.  I have other options for grocers, but Im wondering what brand sausage you all use.  thanks!

Day 2 was awesome! I felt hungover this morning, but the rest of the day went great and I have a lot of energy right now (7:00ish pm).  

Qwaultney ? Bacon with no sugar. I get mine from Walmart.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 5 was great!  Except I didnt actually get my 3 meals in.  ate a good breakfast (eggs, veggies & bacon)and then went for a 7 mile hike that I anticipated would only take 2-3 hours so I didnt pack a lunch.  We ended up out there for about 6 hours!  Luckily I had some larabars with me and they were AMAZING in an emergency when I was out of energy for the last difficult mile on the way up the mountain.   Came home exhausted, but not that hungry and had a normal dinner (sausage, salad with avo).  

Lesson learned!  

I had no idea a Larabar could pack that much punch!  :)

Day 6 is pretty much DONE!! This Friday and weekend were a true challenge.

Friday - made pancakes for the kids. I didn't take a bite of my son's leftover pancakes sitting in a puddle of syrup. Then I had to make two batches of banana bread and not taste them.

We were home Saturday and I prepped and made stuff (sweet potato soup and salmon cakes). I ate well. In the evening we went out to Trader Joe's where they were handing out chocolate samples and my sweet son wanted to share his with me. Needless to say I have to learn how to graciously accept his offers but not chew! We then took the kiddos to FroYo. I didn't even lick my finger.

Sunday was a challenge! I ate a good breakfast (3 egg tomato and spinach omelette). Then we had to drive to our hometown (hour away) to attend a memorial service and lunch. I packed food and left it at my mom's house. At the lunch I managed to find some cucumbers, tomatoes, cilantro and grilled fish that was compliant. We went to my mom's house and I scarfed down my real lunch. Then we took the kids out. I tried to get a salad from one of the food stands and it was not an easy task. Found a place where you could build your own......NOPE! They didn't have any of the items. Off to the pizza stand where it took longer to get a "green salad" than a pizza. We left there and drove the hour home. I quickly made a spinach omelette and had some apples with almond butter. UGH! Oh, and my son was insistent on sharing a Tiramisu Macaroon - thank goodness for mom's - she took it our of my mouth while my son's head was turned! LOL!! My husband is impressed with my willpower!

I feel good. I get the urge to snack late at night after the kids go to bed. I'm trying to not give in, but fruit and nuts are what I try to go for.

Great Job!! I feel its harder when you have little kids! All the snack foods we keep handy & the quick access to fast food!! I feel your PAIN! but so proud of you! My boys wanted cinnamon rolls on Saturday & when i was pouring the creamy top I really really fought the urge to "lick my finger"!! I won!! yay US!!! We are just about 1 week in!! You got this! You BEAT out the 1st weekend! You got this mama!!

5 days in and I'm feeling pretty good. Sure did want some wine this weekend but I did not give in. Hurrah for me!!!

hahahaha! I was "craving" a glass myself Sunday & did not give in! YAY US!!! DO you have the whole30 book? there is a "sangria" recipe LOL

Qwaultney ? Bacon with no sugar. I get mine from Walmart.

If i could figure out how to post a photo:Pedersons Bacon (even had the whole30 logo on it) I found it at my local Roots but maybe you could msg the company for locations. 

hahahaha! I was "craving" a glass myself Sunday & did not give in! YAY US!!! DO you have the whole30 book? there is a "sangria" recipe LOL

I do have the book. I think it does have a recipe. I will look tonight and let you know.

So far so good here. I think because this is our second round we are finding things a lot easier; but this time around my challenges have been definitely more cravings and we live in a small town with only one grocery store and I haven't been able to get to the city (2 hrs away) so no Lara bars, no compliant bacon or sausage, no cashew butter and no compliant coconut milk grrrrr. We are making due but even if I order online the shipping time takes forever. Hoping in a few days when my dad visits I can get him to load up on provisions for me.

I did try 3 new recipes this week that were delish.

Shepards pie with sweet potatoe topping (just diced up all my own veggies instead of using the corn mix i would have in the past)

Chicken thighs coated in evoo, juice of a lemon, lemon zest, garlic powder and s&p roasted for 40 minutes at 400°(flip at 20 min)

Apple cinnamon pork tenderloin- just made slits along the length of the tenderloin and stuffed apple slices in the slits. In my baking dish I put a layer of apple slices on the bottem,about half a ladle of beef bone broth (could use any broth I would guess that just what I had made)

Placed the tenderloin on top and sprinkled the whole thing with a generous amount of cinnamon. Oven at 400° for about 35 minutes. It was A-mazing!!

I made it through Day 8. We had a new cooktop installed today. Nothing went as planned as I waited all day for them to come. I didn't cook thinking they would be coming, soon. But that ended up being 6pm - had a morning slot! Thank goodness for Larabars. I know it wasn't the right way to do it, but I ate my Salad and compliant items for lunch, Larabars and fruit was all I could get to. And now we enter another few days of busy schedules with dress rehearsal and 2 nights of dance recital and family time! Bring it on Day 9!!

Question: if you're out with your kids for a good part of the day, what do you take with you? How do you manage staying on course? Or for that matter, at work without a way to heat things.

I made it through Day 8. We had a new cooktop installed today. Nothing went as planned as I waited all day for them to come. I didn't cook thinking they would be coming, soon. But that ended up being 6pm - had a morning slot! Thank goodness for Larabars. I know it wasn't the right way to do it, but I ate my Salad and compliant items for lunch, Larabars and fruit was all I could get to. And now we enter another few days of busy schedules with dress rehearsal and 2 nights of dance recital and family time! Bring it on Day 9!!

Question: if you're out with your kids for a good part of the day, what do you take with you? How do you manage staying on course? Or for that matter, at work without a way to heat things.

I have an Isolator Meal Bag. I am able to meal prep with their containers & store water & snacks for an all day outting. There are other bags out there you able to look into: 6pack bags, Jaxx, etc. I love this one because with the harness it can also become a backpack for beach/hike etc

YAHOOOOOOO!!!! week 2 everyone!!! My goal this week is to really start using my whole30 recipe book! I started week1 eating foods I am the most comfortable with (lots of same food all week) but now I want to push myself. I did weigh myself today I know I am not suppose to but I did not weigh in when we started so I am using this as my baseline. 

Happy HUMP day everyone!

I can officially say that I am now hating eggs!  COuldn't get down my three scrambled eggs this morning so now what.  Made my dog happy though!  SO i guess it is meat for breakfast lunch and dinner.  Don't know if I can make it though week 2 so I guess if my choice is do or die, I might be choosing die!

I can officially say that I am now hating eggs!  COuldn't get down my three scrambled eggs this morning so now what.  Made my dog happy though!  SO i guess it is meat for breakfast lunch and dinner.  Don't know if I can make it though week 2 so I guess if my choice is do or die, I might be choosing die!

No NO No!!! You will get over this hump! Are you mixing anything in with your eggs? Veggies or meats? 

Day 9 DONE! Or almost. Kids are asleep and I need to clean. I'm doing well, I need to get back to what I was doing last week. This week has been busy so I've bee snacking a lot and not eating as good of a meal. My stomach has been cramping the last two days and I think it's not used to so little food.

The positive - I didn't lick any of the melting ice cream from my kids cones. I would have usually licked it for them to reduce the mess.

Let's go week 2!!!

Day 9 DONE! Or almost. Kids are asleep and I need to clean. I'm doing well, I need to get back to what I was doing last week. This week has been busy so I've bee snacking a lot and not eating as good of a meal. My stomach has been cramping the last two days and I think it's not used to so little food.

The positive - I didn't lick any of the melting ice cream from my kids cones. I would have usually licked it for them to reduce the mess.

Let's go week 2!!!

Good for you! Sometimes it's the little things that we notice the most, like someone else's treat. I don't have any kids, but I had a similar problem! On Tuesday, I picked up chocolate malts for my dad and brother after we had finished painting a house (I work for my dad when I'm not teaching 4th grade). I made the mistake of over-filling the malt cups and just held out that they wouldn't melt in the car before I could pass them off. Luckily, no mess was made until I got outside and I managed to resist the urge to "clean up" (read: eat) the dribbles. 

As far as meals go, maybe adding some grilled veggies to your plan will help. I usually snack on fresh veggies but grilling can give them the extra oomph to look super delicious and keep me full.

Keep up the hard work!!!

Victory for today: I made breakfast and ate it before I broke out the coffee! Someone informed me earlier that coffee is an appetite suppressant, so I've been trying to eat bigger breakfasts before my first cup of coffee. Now I just have to resist the urge to keep drinking it in the afternoon. :P 

day 10.. & I really wanted just a bite of pizza tonight, just a bite! everyone was having pizza for dinner, so I grabbed my water bottle & headed to the gym. I have a feeling this weekend may be a challenge for me. But this is my pattern in the past. be so strict & on point during the week & weekend hits & BAM i fall off the wagon. I have stocked up on lots of berries to have after my meals. Have a great weekend! Think 20 more days!! WE GOT THIS!!!

Saturday we went to the county fair! Packed up my IsoBag with my meals!! I was excited to find a Grizzy Joe booth! The have compliant seasoning! Now to dress up my chicken & meats more! Only one was not (the chipotle flavor) but thats okay! I love this brand!

Day 15 - 1/2 way mark -  :D  :D  :D  :D

I am staying the course.......  really exhausted though- Per the guidelines I guess I am at this stage....  - Right now, you’re body is learning that it can’t rely on all those easy access energy sources it used to know and love.

I so feel so much better in my clothes - and I have gotten quite a few compliments from co-workers.  I am actually considering staying on it for 45 days instead of 30 (of course thats what I say now -lolll - could easily change tomorrow) haaaaa

Hope everyone else is having success!!  See you at the finish line

I am holding the course.  I have lost 8 pounds and do feel thinner/lighter but not a lot of energy.  I am still waiting for that to kick in!  I have had more cravings day 16-18 than the whole first 15 days.  I have stayed compliant but maybe not such a huge change for my body as I rarely have dairy, only occasional and mainly non-gluten grains and rarely have legumes (except string beans) and alcohol only when I go on vacation so the only 'habit' I am kicking is sugar, I do like the baked goods!  whole30 is teaching me to eat my veggies which I can tend to let slip, even though I know that is what takes the weight off.  Will make it through the 30 days - might not bother with the re-introducing stage but return to the fast metabolism diet to shake it up.  Found I had much more energy with that diet. 28 days of FMD and that will be 2 months of retraining my sugar habit. 

Archived