Holiday weekend on the lake, food ideas?

So the holiday weekend is coming up and my little family is going to be hitting the lake. In the past we would take sandwich stuff, chips, snacks. My husband and kids will be taking that stuff with them but I'm committed and won't be eating that stuff. What are some good meals or snacks that I can take. I may be able to just get away with eating breakfast before we go, but I'm not sure how long we will be on the lake and I want to be prepared.... Any ideas or suggestion?

You could perhaps find some compliant turkey and do roll ups with avocado and cucumbers (for a crunch instead of chips). Make carrot sticks, celery sticks, etc. Fresh fruit cut up. There are some good potato salad recipes that are w30 compliant as well. A lot of things can be modified to make into picnic type things. I would just suggest keeping it simple and understand that maybe your picnic won't be as luxurious as in the past (depending on how much effort you want to put into it). 

I would make protein salads (chicken, tuna or salmon) and use lettuce as wraps or eat plain with veggie sticks and mayo dip. Other salads like potato, kale, coleslaw. Also pickles and olives and some fruit to eat with your meal. If bbqing, beef, turkey or chicken burger on a whole30 bun, like portabella mushroom, butternut squash or sweet potato (precook ahead) with compliant trimmings. Ice water or sparkling with lemon, lime or cucumber slices and mint for something different. Oh boy, now I'm hungry!

Archived