B12 - Hot Flashes = real problem?

Hi W30ers!  I'm on day 33 of my very first W30/60 ever and I will take a minute to bow to Melissa and Dallas Hartwig! 

This program has truly change my life and I love every. single. thing. about it!!  My hubby, best friend and I did this together and we're all experiencing Tiger Blood galore.  I could go on and on at the improvements and wonderful life that this program has given us back but at the moment I need to ask a question.  I have found over the last couple of years in menopause that I'm very, very sensitive to B12.  Added supplements of B12 give me terrible hot flashes and many sleepless nights.  They had disappeared before W30 because I had stopped the supplements the min I realized the hot flashes were gone when I forgot to take it one day.  They are back with W30 and so are the minimum quality of sleep.  My theory is because I'm eating more meat that I ever did before and I know it's loaded with B12.  Question is, have you heard of this before?  Could I be right?  As an FYI I only drink one to two cups of caffeinated black coffee in the morning.  Could that be the added problem?  Any advise is much appreciated! 

Sleepless in TN :unsure:

Have you had any tests around B12 or for MTHFR?

I have MTHFR which impacts the ability of the body to methylate (it's an important cellular function) and certain kinds of B12 are to be avoided and others to be supplemented (B12 is a general family, there are many types of B12).

You may not have MTHFR, but if your body is unable to process B12 (or something else), you may be getting buildups in your pathways which aren't getting cleaned out, these can muck around with lots of things in the body.

Sometimes you can be deficient in something which is needed for processing, so if it's supplemented, the backlog clears and you can go back to normal. Being deficient isn't always as simple as being "below range", if you consume less than you need (if your need is higher) then you will be deficient. Magnesium consumption for example goes up in times of stress.

Archived