Carolyn's Take 2 - Back with Greater Resolve!

CarolynK

Since starting over on Monday, I haven't logged yet, mostly because I have been so busy this week. Better late than never!

Here's my log for yesterday, and I'll do my best to log in the evening of. 

DAY 3

M1 - two eggs (had no time for anything more than that, because I was late for a mtg)

S1 - banana

M2 - Mexican-Style Tuna Fish on Endive

post-95309-0-62299700-1464874726_thumb.j

M3 - Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce

post-95309-0-27259600-1464874739_thumb.j

S2 - nut mix

I had my first dream last night about food / drink cravings. I really thought I blew it again when I woke up!

DAY 4

Today went fine. No cravings really. I did have a couple of snacks, but no biggie.

M1 - egg with sweet potato, spinach, and kale

M2 - leftover tuna on endive boats

S1 - small bag of mixed nuts (no peanuts)

M3 - chicken breast with sorrel sauce, sweet potatoes and carrots

S2 - a good handful of banana chips

Just learned that the banana chips have sugar in them! I just didn't think to look. Well, I think that it's not a show-stopper, so I will move on.

Today is Day 5 and had to go to a pub to meet a friend. She had a glass of wine in front of her already. When I ordered a seltzer with lime, she said, "What, I will have a drink by myself?" Wow - that was attempting, but I was prepared. I had a copy of the Whole30 food template (it's a download) and shared it with her. I told her how excited I was to be on Day 5. She congratulated me and we moved on from the topic. It felt awesome to walk out of a PUB and still be Whole30 compliant. Woohoo!

Ooohh yes isn't it crazy that they put sugar into banana chips?? As if they're not sweet enough!! I ALWAYS assume everything pre made has sugar/sweetener and check the ingredients. It's literally in almost everything.

Today I had roasted chicken and I even asked if there was sugar on that...they looked at me like I was crazy but you can never be too careful!!

DAY 5 Food:

M1 - egg on fried green cabbage (yes - this was actually good!) with bacon, fresh mixed berries

M2 - blackened salmon with green salad

Had this at a pub and survived! My friend who didn't know I was on Whole30 and having a glass of wine, said innocently - come on, you aren't going to have me drink this glass of wine alone, are you? Well, I was prepared - I had the Whole30 food template (from the downloads) and shared it with her. It was smooth sailing from there!

S1 - Mixed nuts

M3 - swordfish with mango-cucumber salsa, asparagus

On to DAY 6!

DAY 6

M1 - egg and ham, mixed berries

M2 - chicken sausage, cucumber, tomato, avocado salad

S1 - mixed nuts

M3 - paleo appetizers - had neighbors over (meatballs w/pineapple, bacon-wrapped shrimp, mango "margaritas" (nonalcoholic)

The next day (today), my joints were very achy, especially where I normally sensed arthritis. I am beginning to suspect that I may have a FODMAP sensitivity. I have been drinking seltzer water topped with this organic fruit juice, and yesterday, I had two of those mango margaritas. Today, I'm going to stick to water and see if it clears up. It hurt quite a bit this morning so I want to figure out what the problem could be.

Day 7!

DAY 7 RECAP

M1 - egg with ham and kale

M2 - chicken breast stuffed with sorrel, mushrooms and onions with spinach and sweet potatoes

post-95309-0-64286500-1465176230_thumb.j

S - handful of pecans

M3 - chicken leg, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries

DAY 8 RECAP

All is going well so far. My clothes are fitting much better already.

I'm still hoping that over the course of the 30 days that my arthritis symptoms will lessen. I don't miss my wine at dinner as much as I used to when I "dieted". Glad for that because I have been trying to break that habit for some time now.

I think that really picked the best time to go on this plan, and since I have been cutting out many types of carbs out of my diet for some time, it has been easier to stick to this plan. I remember back around 12 years ago, I went on this diet called "The South Beach Diet" and my god that was hard! I was so used to eating pasta, rice, and bread products, that I was getting the shakes after a day or two. My diet now, just before Whole30, had very little carbs - a piece of whole grain bread in the morning and often I'd have a corn tortilla, but not much other than that. 

Yesterday's log

M1 - spinach omelet with bacon

M2 - salmon salad on endive boats

S - handful of pecans

M3 - flank steak, asparagus, and roasted potatoes

On to Day 9!

DAY 9

We went out to dinner tonight, and I ordered a drink that was modified to remove the sugar and replace with agave - not good. I overlooked that agave was on the not allowed list. :(  Live and learn.

M1 - scrambled eggs with avocado, tomato along with strawberries

M2 - green salad with grilled chicken

S - leftover salmon salad (small portion) and handful of pecans

M3 - grilled chicken with mixed vegetables, portobello mushrooms

Yesterday - day 11 - was a weird one. I was often hungry and didn't know why. My stomach ached a bit.

M1 - eggs over easy with kale and spinach.

S1 - fruit salad

M2 - chicken sausage, boiled egg, banana

S2 - pecans

M3 - chicken breast with sweet potatoes and kale

Archived