MidModJenn - start date 6/19/16

MidModJenn

Great day 1!  

Breakfast: black coffee; a breakfast bowl of: 1 link of compliant andouille turkey sausage, peppers and onions sautéed in ghee, scrambled eggs, and salsa on top.

Lunch: grilled salmon with a big salad, dressed with a mixture of olive oil/lemon/garlic/red onion.

Dinner: grilled ribeye steak, grilled zucchini, and roasted mushrooms.

Biggest victory today: going without my nightly glass of red wine, especially since we had steak for dinner!  :)

Things to change up: moving forward, I need to work in some fruit...  will probably do that at breakfast.

Yay day 1 down!

• Moderators

Hi, MidModJenn!

Just a note that you never have to have fruit if you don't want it, you can get all the nutrients you need from vegetables. If you want fruit, great, but don't force yourself to have it if there are days when you don't want it.

Also pay attention when you do have it -- some people report increased cravings and hunger throughout the day if they have fruit at breakfast. Others have no problem having it then, it's just worth paying attention to how you feel on days you have it versus days you don't so you can make the best decision for yourself.

Thanks Shannon!  That's good to know.  I had a banana with some almond butter at lunchtime yesterday, and I was starving by mid-afternoon…  I'm going to try it at breakfast this morning, and if I'm ravenous again I may have to accept that fruit + my blood sugar = not BFFs.  :P

Day 2 log:

Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs, "deviled" with Primal mayo and mustard; 1/2 c leftover chicken almond soup; black coffee

Lunch:  big salad with homemade tahini dressing; 1 can of tuna with Primal mayo; banana and 1 tbsp almond butter

Dinner: homemade kalua pork (no sides, as it was super late when I ate dinner)

I'm missing my nightly glass of red wine a little bit, but not as much as I expected.

Day 3 log:

Considering I was out of town in NYC on a 1-day business trip, AND I was exhausted from carb withdrawal, I'm thrilled that I was able to stay on-plan.  :)

Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs and a banana; cup of black coffee.

Lunch: I went to the market down the street and had them make me a salad of arugula, walnuts, cucumbers, red onion, and eggs.  I had packed a container of my homemade dressing so that I wouldn't be tempted to use one of theirs.

Dinner:  leftover kalua pork and a mango, back at home.  Not very exciting, but I was in a rush to get to dance class after driving back from NY that afternoon.

Biggest challenge right now is that I really miss cream in my coffee.  Coffee just doesn't taste good to me without it, and so my morning coffee is feeling more like a medical (caffeine) necessity rather than an enjoyable start to my day.  Meh.

Day 4 log, feeling good!  :)

Breakfast: black coffee; 2 deviled eggs

Lunch: 2 leftover grilled chicken thighs; big salad (greens, red peppers, red onion, cucumber) with homemade tahini dressing

Dinner: the hubs made an amazing dinner for us — grilled shrimp, cauliflower rice (roasted in the oven instead of steamed, so it tasted nutty), and a homemade pineapple/avocado salsa that was to die for.  I was worried that the pineapple was going to spike my blood sugar and give me cravings later, but it was fine.  Yay!

Archived