Tired/foggy/irritable still on day 18

I really need some support because I'm feeling like I need to quit in order to feel better. I feel pretty terrible and I feel bad for my husband and son having to deal with my mood swings. I am doing everything I'm supposed to do ( I think) so I'm not really sure what is going on. I thought it was too few carbs so I added in a small serving of potatoes with every meal but that's not helping. Maybe my sodium levels are low but I add salt to everything and cook with it. I'm also wondering if having 4 meals would help because I've been getting hungry about 3-4 hours after lunch but can't be having dinner at 4 pm

• Administrators

Why don't you tell us specifically what you are doing so that we can help you troubleshoot?

Meals: timing, composition, portions (specific to meal template and your palm/hand)

Exercise: quantity, timing, pre and post workout

Water: how much?

Stress: how much?

Sleep? how much? quality?

Why don't you tell us specifically what you are doing so that we can help you troubleshoot?

Meals: timing, composition, portions (specific to meal template and your palm/hand)

Exercise: quantity, timing, pre and post workout

Water: how much?

Stress: how much?

Sleep? how much? quality?

Meals:

This was yesterday. I specifically tried to add more carbs and water than previous days and didn't feel a change. I was actually hungrier and more tired than the day before and had to added a mini meal.

M1: 6:45 1/4 of and 8 egg frittata with spinach and tomatoes, 1 homemade pork sausage( just smaller than palm size),1 cup roasted broccoli, 4 baby potatoes, 3 cups of coffee mixed w 1/2 cup coconut milk

M2: noon

6 small meatballs, 1 cup roasted carrots, 4 more baby potatoes, 2 tablespoons mayo, glass of iced black tea

M3: 3 pm ( I was starving and really tired and knew we were having a late dinner. I was worried I would not make it to dinner time with out being in a very bad mood)

1 1/2 turkey burgers about Palm size, 1/2 can black olives

M4: 8pm ( I was starving again for this meal) 2 more turkey burgers with 2 tablespoons mayo, 2 cups sautéed veggies( broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, onion)

Exercise: only exercise is chasing a toddler around the house and doing housework

Water: about 120 oz

Stress: I'm not really stressed. Nothing in my life has changed recently and all the cooking and meal planning isn't anything new for me

Sleep: 8-9 hours. I usually sleep really well. I have had trouble falling asleep the last few nights which isn't normal and I have been waking up tired every day since day 1

• Administrators

It is unlikely that adding a few starchy veggies and increasing your water intake for one day is going to make much of a difference.

Your meals are a bit on the light side, perhaps. You could try increasing your protein (6 meatballs isn't much unless they are golf ball sized) and increase the amount of non-starchy veggies you are eating.  

You could also try moving your starch intake to only later in the day.  Some people report better results if they have their fruits or starches later in the day, not morning time.

It is unlikely that adding a few starchy veggies and increasing your water intake for one day is going to make much of a difference.

Your meals are a bit on the light side, perhaps. You could try increasing your protein (6 meatballs isn't much unless they are golf ball sized) and increase the amount of non-starchy veggies you are eating.

You could also try moving your starch intake to only later in the day. Some people report better results if they have their fruits or starches later in the day, not morning time.

Honestly I'm stuffed at each meal so I don't know how I could eat more unless I had 4 meals a day. I will try the potatoes later in the day and see how that goes. I upped the starchy veggies about 3 days ago wondering if maybe I wasn't getting enough carbs. That didn't help so I thought more water. But I still feel the same.

Archived