Glucose tolerance test (OGTT) results impacted by whole 30?

I finished my first round of whole 30 about 5 days ago. I had to complete a follow up Glucose tolerance test because I had Gestational diabetes in my pregnancy (I had this with my first pregnancy as well).

I got my results back today- while my fasting number was fine, the two hour no,bet was way high (209 when it is supposed to be below 149). Is there any chance that eating Whole 30 impacted my test results?

• Administrators

No one here is medically trained to interpret your test results, sorry.

If anything, in a healthy person with no background medical issues, we would expect to see overall blood sugar management improve.  But you have other factors going on with your gestational diabetes so it's really impossible for us to comment.

Please speak with your doctor.  

@ladyshanny I understand. Because this was gestational, the test was ordered by my OB, but their office just emailed me the results and told me to talk to my primary care physician, so I am getting a bit of a run around. Mostly I wanted to see if anyone else had similar results with the test since I haven't been able to speak with my doctor yet.

I wasn't sure if going for a preiod without sugar and then shocking it with that awful drink would impact the results

Archived