Major stomach cramps starting day 7...

I've been having major stomach cramps (to the point where I had to take Motrin) and a bit of diarreah (which I'm usually the other way around).. So wondering if this is a good thing like my gut healing and rebalancing? I'm honestly not eating way different than before just took out a tad bit of stevia and an organic whey protein powder and ketchup, a few added sugars to make my diet whole30. I at first thought I had a stomach bug because my little girls & husband had a cold all week so thought I may picked it up and just reacting differently and getting 4-5 hours a sleep a night not helping ect. So wanted to see if this is normal since I read around day 8 on the time line to expect some constipation or "pants are tighter" which I do feel as if I gained a little.. like water retention maybe..? Hands/ legs feel puffy a bit. Just thought to ask, hope this passes soon... thanks!

• Administrators

You can post a few days of your typical intake if you want us to take a look at it.  If you have vastly increased the amount of protein or vegetables you are eating over what you used to eat, that can cause digestive distress and you sound like you're about on the timeline for that.

Make sure you are drinking at least half an ounce of water per pound of bodyweight (eg, 160# person drinks 80 oz water/day at a minimum).

Archived