Start Date August 1, 2016

Alicia C

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! My name is Kerri and I'm staring my 2nd Whole 30 on August 1st.  I'd like to join this group so I can enlist help and support.  I did Whole 30 last June, and found it to be wonderful.  Although I didn't lost any weight, my body shape changed and I felt a million times better.  My biggest challenge this time around will be getting away from Coke Zero and snacky food. 

I look forward to this journey with you all!

I'm getting ready for August 1st - will be doing my shopping tomorrow - taking my list with me and then Sunday I will be prepping my meals for Monday.  I work full time, so I will need to have my lunches all planned out for the week and ready to go.  So glad there are all of us doing this together.

I am in for the August 1st group! I have started a Whole 30 twice in July now...I lasted 1 week the first attempt and then 2 weeks the second. I have identified my triggers in that time, purchased the books and am now in the process of reading them! I think being a part of the forums now and having that support will make a difference for me! Excited to start!

Starting my whole 30 with my boyfriend August 1st! I'm a little nervous but it's something we both really want to do. We've both noticed that our clothes have been fitting a little too tightly lately and both of us suffer from digestive issues. The hardest struggle for me will be not eating non compliant food at work (I'm a nanny for 2 unfortunately unhealthy eating girls) but as long as I keep us busy I usually do pretty good. I'd also like to start working out again so I'm hoping that once my "tiger blood" kicks in I'll have the energy I'm fairly active now I'd just like to build back some of the muscle I used to have when I was younger.

Here's to a great 30+ days!! (:

I am a nanny as well for 2 unhealthy boys! (I have to say they are starting to love my Whole39/paleo cooking though...progress!) I usually do pretty well when I am with them. Most of the stuff they have I am actually allergic to anyways. My struggle is with nut butters, which the boys love every kind! I always pack my own food to take to work, but I think you're right that staying busy is key with kiddos!

I am a nanny as well for 2 unhealthy boys! (I have to say they are starting to love my Whole39/paleo cooking though...progress!) I usually do pretty well when I am with them. Most of the stuff they have I am actually allergic to anyways. My struggle is with nut butters, which the boys love every kind! I always pack my own food to take to work, but I think you're right that staying busy is key with kiddos!

I'm a nanny too!! i usually hear "eww that looks gross" to anything healthy I bring to work. Lol

I'm a nanny too!! i usually hear "eww that looks gross" to anything healthy I bring to work. Lol

Haha yes!! Famous words for sure!! I've been working on changing their attitude towards things they THINK they don't like or are "gross". Any time I have a green smoothie or juice they now call it my "hulk juice" and broccoli is now "little trees"! Every little change helps haha!

I'm Haylee, SAHM with 7 kids. I'm restarting my first Whole30 on Monday as well. I've been trying to follow the plan since July 11 but jumped in too quickly and haven't prepared properly so I'm hoping to get a clean start. Peas, butter, and a cheese stick have been my downfall. :) I love dairy (mostly raw). With school starting up again soon and finishing the building of our new home, it will be a tough, busy month, but I will get through it better if I'm taking care of myself. One of my biggest problems is eating regularly and getting enough fat so I don't find myself starving and willing to grab whatever is quick.

I am in for the August 1st group! I have started a Whole 30 twice in July now...I lasted 1 week the first attempt and then 2 weeks the second. I have identified my triggers in that time, purchased the books and am now in the process of reading them! I think being a part of the forums now and having that support will make a difference for me! Excited to start!

hi there. I'm Alicia. 36 year old mother of 3. I'm starting my 1st whole30 on 8/1. my youngest (and last) baby just turned 1 and its time to do this for myself. I've been preparing for weeks and hoping I'm truly ready to make this change. happy to have you all here for support! thank you. 2 days to go!!

I'm starting my second Whole30 on August 1. Did my first in March and felt amazing and kept off 8 pounds but I'm starting to fall into old patterns and am ready for a boost! I have two co-workers starting on the first but am excited to have found the group for more support. I am looking forward to the strict guidelines this time where they scared me my first time. Interesting to see the change and looking forward to more.

I'm starting on the 1st of August too! I've been travelling and switching jobs, homes and making the decision to go back to study - A combination of stress, feeling out of control, lack of preparation, lack of exercise and loneliness have led to me feeling less than stellar about my eating habits. Things I'm hoping to see an improvement in are energy levels, cravings, bloating and moodiness.

Also I'll be approaching this as a pescatarian. I've been vegetarian without eggs recently but I'll be reintroducing eggs and fish as my protein sources to give myself a balanced chance of sustaining this for my first time round. 

I'm starting with you all Monday and would love join your (large) group! I've done about 3 Whole15-18s since around May 1st but really want and need to complete 30 consecutive days for digestive health and healing. I loved the book It Starts With Food and am now reading Whole30. I love Diet Coke, especially on these hot summer days, so staying away from that and alcohol will be my challenges. Also I am hosting our wine-and-dessert-loving book club mid-month and then going camping for a few days. I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you and having support here!

I'm starting 1st August too! I've tried easing into it this week by making my own compliant lunches and breakfast rather than eating at my desk in the office all the time! I've tried everything else so really hoping this works

I'm starting on the 1st of August too! I've been travelling and switching jobs, homes and making the decision to go back to study - A combination of stress, feeling out of control, lack of preparation, lack of exercise and loneliness have led to me feeling less than stellar about my eating habits. Things I'm hoping to see an improvement in are energy levels, cravings, bloating and moodiness.

Also I'll be approaching this as a pescatarian. I've been vegetarian without eggs recently but I'll be reintroducing eggs and fish as my protein sources to give myself a balanced chance of sustaining this for my first time round.

learning

sorry I posted this wrong above! learning how this works!

little_elle, I am also doing this a pescetarian, so let's help each other :)

aliciajune and little_elle -- I also typically eat very little animal protein, and I recently found out I'm somewhat intolerant to eggs (the animal protein I liked and ate the most) so will try to mostly avoid them during the Whole30 because they create a histamine response for me. I like fish and a bit of chicken but otherwise do not like the taste and texture of meat, so I'm glad you are both here.

learning

sorry I posted this wrong above! learning how this works!

little_elle, I am also doing this a pescetarian, so let's help each other :)

aliciajune and little_elle -- I also typically eat very little animal protein, and I recently found out I'm somewhat intolerant to eggs (the animal protein I liked and ate the most) so will try to mostly avoid them during the Whole30 because they create a histamine response for me. I like fish and a bit of chicken but otherwise do not like the taste and texture of meat, so I'm glad you are both here.

Hi there! great to have some buddies! Aside from tinned salmon and tuna, I am hopeless with easy tasty fish recipes, but ill be sure to post anything i find useful. I'll be staying away from nuts too, I think - they are a major overeaten food, especially nut butters! So the protein is going to have to have some extra special attention paid to make sure I'm getting enough in there without ODing on the eggs.

I'm a little scared to be honest - I can tell because right now I want to eat ALL THE THINGS I won't be eating for the next month...

Hi Alicia C and everybody else who's starting on 1st of August

I'm also starting on 1st of August. This is my second attempt to the Whole 30 program. Last time, somewhere in spring, I lasted 11 days in which I lost 6 pounds and felt amazing. This time, I'm determined to make it to the end of the month. I'm exciting to be part of this group and I hope your support will help me to achieve my goal.

Good luck to us all

Ella

Archived