Start Date August 1, 2016

Alicia C

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This week was more difficult than I'd imagined, not food-wise, but emotionally. I almost cried at work yesterday and had more foul thoughts about my co-workers than I ever have. Thank god for my friends and this forum. I was a true sugar-aholic and I suppose my brain is rebelling. My body is responding better. I woke up this morning and stood up out of bed without the usual knee pain which I never thought would happen. Got my weekly groceries this morning and will cook in between Olympic watching sessions!

So we're all ready for week 2, right?

I'm so glad for this forum, too!! I haven't been keeping up with the timeline but felt really annoyed with some coworkers yesterday also. Then I was so exhausted I fell asleep after work but did not intend to - so was a little mad at myself about that. I made a couple of side dishes last night including some so-called hummus which is ok as a dip but nothing remotely hummus-tasting, adding to my frustration, and then I found myself almost picking a fight with my husband, poor guy... I forgot to warn him about the moods like I did last time I started! I find it fascinating how our bodies and brains work... ok, now to explain to my science-loving husband what is wrong with me and why it's nothing personal, haha!

Hi all. I started on 8/1 too and I'm going it solo so would love to stay connected with others going through the program with the same timing. I need to lose weight but what I really need first to tackle a 50 lb weight loss journey is to get my energy back so this program seemed like a great place to start. Week one wasn't too bad but I was sluggish on Friday and Saturday. Honestly, I'm tired of my life long food obsession and wish my body didn't need food because I'm tired of thinking about it. 

Looking forward to giving and getting support!

Ready to welcome Day 7?  We have made it through 6 days so far.  Like most of you I am currently zapped for energy.  Since my husband is doing this with me we both have felt rather blah the past week (Friday was my worst day).  But I finally got a really good nights sleep last night and feel a little bit more energized this morning - not much, but a little bit - which is much better than feeling worse.

A little about myself - I have been overweight most of my life and last year managed to lose 40 lbs and finally break the 200 lb mark.  But that 40 lbs started creeping back up this past year and I believe the suspects are sugar and overdoing the wheat products.  So here I am - weighed myself at that start and had gained about 20 lbs back - after the past week I have noticed that my clothes fit just a slight bit better and I'm feeling emotionally better (except for a couple of crazy angry days - but I was never angry at myself, just others) about myself.

I did have a craving yesterday morning and also this morning, but I'll push through.

Have a great day.

1 hour ago, marolujo said:

Hi all. I started on 8/1 too and I'm going it solo so would love to stay connected with others going through the program with the same timing. I need to lose weight but what I really need first to tackle a 50 lb weight loss journey is to get my energy back so this program seemed like a great place to start. Week one wasn't too bad but I was sluggish on Friday and Saturday. Honestly, I'm tired of my life long food obsession and wish my body didn't need food because I'm tired of thinking about it. 

Looking forward to giving and getting support!

I am going through a similar struggle and have over 75 pounds to lose.  I'd always been an average size (8-10) with a healthy relationship with food until I started a stressful job in a new state about 15 years ago. I became anxious and depressed and found solace in food and alcohol.  I am an introvert and making friends, especially as I age, is challenging.  My weight and depression continued to grow because I didn't have the knowledge or tools to change my behavior. Binge eating, overindulging in fast food, and eating for every reason besides hunger became the only way I knew how to manage food.  Like so many of you, I tried losing weight and exercising at times, only to get frustrated and re-gain the original weight plus more. Now 15 years later, I'm back home and wearing size 18-20.  I lost about 40 pounds  three years ago and now I'm right back at my heaviest with osteoarthritis in both knees, insomnia, and a couple of other health chronic issues.  

In June, as the hot weather set in, I started having a really hard time figuring out what I wanted  to eat.  I was bored with bingeing on nachos and ice cream but was at a loss as to what to cook for myself.  About a month ago, a co-worker mentioned that she'd started a Paleo diet to alleviate an illness and my interest was piqued. As I read about Paleo, I kept seeing references to Whole 30 and the rest is history.  Today is day 7 and I'm slightly  freaked out at how quickly changes are happening.  My knees are much less stiff and almost pain-free, I caught muscle hiking up my pants yesterday, and my outlook is a bit more positive.  Surprisingly, my sugar cravings have been minimal.  I cruised right past the bakery section at the market yesterday without thinking twice.  It's important that I don't get overly-confidant, though. My mindset must remain about regaining health, rather than simply losing weight because that's not the objective.  I've been down that rocky road before.  I'm on this forum to  support folks when I can and get a support, too!  

I fell off the bandwagon guys. On day 6, I  decided that i'm just going to cut out wheat, corn, soy, dairy, real sugar and fake sugar for 30 days. It's amazing that these few ingredients comprise so much of our food supply.

One method that helped last week was dividing my plates into three parts - protein 1/4 - fruit 1/4 - vegetables 1/2.  I've also began to separate my weekly grocery list into three columns (protein, fruit, and veggies) - it makes visualizing meal combos easier. Also, I loved using baked sweet potato slices as hamburgers buns for mini sliders.

3 hours ago, Mariamrx said:

I fell off the bandwagon guys. On day 6, I  decided that i'm just going to cut out wheat, corn, soy, dairy, real sugar and fake sugar for 30 days. It's amazing that these few ingredients comprise so much of our food supply.

One method that helped last week was dividing my plates into three parts - protein 1/4 - fruit 1/4 - vegetables 1/2.  I've also began to separate my weekly grocery list into three columns (protein, fruit, and veggies) - it makes visualizing meal combos easier. Also, I loved using baked sweet potato slices as hamburgers buns for mini sliders.

Sorry to hear you're going your own route... Whatever you decide to do postW30 is of course up to you, but I'd caution against forgetting fat in your meals - it's needed for satiety, for brain health, for mood, and for transporting all those fat soluble vitamins/minerals from the fruit & veg you're eating... Fat is your friend!

Is everyone ready for another week of whole 30ing!?

My boyfriend has been doing the whole 30 with me and so far I'm doing much better hahaha. I think his biggest strugle is that he doesn't get to snack as often. :P he's a big whiner about it.  I tell him though he gets a post work out meal if he works out so he's been doing a lot more of that.  Haha win win. 

Out camping and hiking trip went really well! We had great food that was great for us! Speaking of snacks I did allow us a snack between lunch and dinner on Saturday because we had lunch on the trails and we put in some serious miles (a few of them up a mountain). The weekends are the part I anticipate being the hardest but as long as we stay busy (like we did this weekend) it helps. i hope everyone's starting to feel as great as we do! 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Tabithabea said:

My boyfriend has been doing the whole 30 with me and so far I'm doing much better hahaha. I think his biggest strugle is that he doesn't get to snack as often. :P he's a big whiner about it.  

Remember that his serving sizes may be different than yours, be sure his meals are big enough that he can go comfortably 4-5 hours between meals. If he's truly hungry between meals, he can have a minI meal of protein, fat, and vegetables.

Just now, ShannonM816 said:

Remember that his serving sizes may be different than yours, be sure his meals are big enough that he can go comfortably 4-5 hours between meals. If he's truly hungry between meals, he can have a minI meal of protein, fat, and vegetables.

I know I try packing his lunches and making his dinners a little bigger than mine. I fill his plate up! There's always something left on his plate after meals. He's just a snack-a-holic, especially late at night ;) 

Hi,

About  the 'kill all the things' fase.

I tend to get extremely cranky around day 4 and 5, feeling horribly and not knowing why I'm thát irritated by anyone within my vicinity.  Usually it 's my husband asking me if it's kill-all-the-things day. Then I realize and calm down because I know it'll pass soon and it won't be too long before I'll walk around with a quasi-permanent smile.

So if you're in the bad phase, remember : this too shall pass soon:)

keep on going!

On 8/6/2016 at 10:29 AM, Elizabeth3 said:

Hey everyone! We made it to day 6! Unbelievable! This is the longest I've ever gone without sugar or any other processes food! Proud of myself and everyone else! Keep going!!

Congratulations!! I know how you feel this is the first where I didn't have just one bite of something I am not suppose to and it feels great! I am not even craving the other stuff and I passed up pizza twice! 

On 8/7/2016 at 8:44 AM, Alicia C said:

Ready to welcome Day 7?  We have made it through 6 days so far.  Like most of you I am currently zapped for energy.  Since my husband is doing this with me we both have felt rather blah the past week (Friday was my worst day).  But I finally got a really good nights sleep last night and feel a little bit more energized this morning - not much, but a little bit - which is much better than feeling worse.

A little about myself - I have been overweight most of my life and last year managed to lose 40 lbs and finally break the 200 lb mark.  But that 40 lbs started creeping back up this past year and I believe the suspects are sugar and overdoing the wheat products.  So here I am - weighed myself at that start and had gained about 20 lbs back - after the past week I have noticed that my clothes fit just a slight bit better and I'm feeling emotionally better (except for a couple of crazy angry days - but I was never angry at myself, just others) about myself.

I did have a craving yesterday morning and also this morning, but I'll push through.

Have a great day.

Keep up the good work! Once you get past the sugar detox you will start feeling better. 

I haven't noticed increased fatigue so far, but that may be because I scaled back my workouts considerably recently - so I'm not pushing myself as much as I usually do.  The first week was pretty smooth for me, although Friday night I had dinner with my family, and my mom had told me she'd bought Applegate Farms hot dogs (we grilled out). When I got there, they weren't Applegate Farms, and not compliant, and I definitely got a little irrational about the stupid hot dogs! I ended up having two bunless burgers with yellow mustard, and then a salad with EVOO and balsamic vinegar, some compliant dill pickles, and watermelon, so it wasn't like I went hungry LOL.

I also had my first Whole30-related dream over the weekend. I dreamed that for some reason, I had a handful of "Monster Mix" (peanuts, raisins, M&Ms, chocolate and peanut butter chips), and even though I was trying my hardest to eat only the "compliant" pieces of the mix (which I'm pretty sure that in real life, NONE of it is compliant!), I still managed to get some of the M&Ms eaten. I felt so disappointed and sad in my dream, because I knew I had to start all over again!! I was so relieved when I woke up and realized it was just a dream!!!

My sleep patterns have gotten SO much better over this past week - I use my FitBit to track my sleep patterns, and while I usually never have trouble falling asleep, I'm very restless during the night, often waking up to 25 times during the night (or at least tossing and turning). The attached pics show my sleep on Saturday, July 30, then Saturday, August 6 (also, on Friday night, the 5th, I'd fallen asleep watching the Olympics...the tracking started when I got into my bed for real, haha). It's amazing how much clean eating makes a difference!!

I've found that, because I've been so focused and determined with my meal planning, getting through the week has been really easy. I've only had a few times where I've been hungry between meals, and if or when that happens, I try to eat a "mini-meal". I had to go for an MRI on my back Thursday evening, so on the way I had an Epic bar, a banana, and a little single serving packet of coconut butter, drizzled on the banana. It held me over until I could get home and eat my real dinner, a few hours later. I detailed exactly how I did my meal prep this weekend on my blog, if any of you are interested.

Have a great week, everyone!

IMG_6687.PNGIMG_6693.PNG

I haven't used any of these forums, just the book, a sister-in-law, and my own research so far.  I, too, started the Whole30 on Monday, August 1st.  1 week down!

In general, I've been doing pretty well - despite the high grocery bills and excess dishes.  ;-)  Overall, I've had 1 day of severe exhaustion (Day 1), 2 days of day-long headaches (Day 4 and 7), and 2 nights of flat-out refusal of a decent meal.  Last night included...

I'm writing to see if anyone has had similar issue - Several times, I've had what seems like a low blood sugar drop, followed by what can only be described as waves of blood sugar.  I can even feel it in my face, like my blood is draining (similar to a post-fight or flight response).  I'm also having occasional extreme drowsiness post-meal.

I've been 100% compliant (even had 2 restaurant and 1 bar outing) and I expected the blood sugar fluctuations to cease at this point.  

I've been cooking with fats such as avocado oil, coconut oil, or olive oil.  I can't get fully on board with avocados which was really successful for my SIL.  

I'm morbidly obese and trying really hard to make this a successful catalyst to a healthier lifestyle, but I'm honestly worried about passing out or if I'm doing more harm.  Any one else experiencing this or have any suggestions.  Full disclosure - it may not be blood sugar (I'm not diabetic or pre-diabetic), but hopefully the description resonates with someone out there.

3 minutes ago, Neftes said:

I haven't used any of these forums, just the book, a sister-in-law, and my own research so far.  I, too, started the Whole30 on Monday, August 1st.  1 week down!

In general, I've been doing pretty well - despite the high grocery bills and excess dishes.  ;-)  Overall, I've had 1 day of severe exhaustion (Day 1), 2 days of day-long headaches (Day 4 and 7), and 2 nights of flat-out refusal of a decent meal.  Last night included...

I'm writing to see if anyone has had similar issue - Several times, I've had what seems like a low blood sugar drop, followed by what can only be described as waves of blood sugar.  I can even feel it in my face, like my blood is draining (similar to a post-fight or flight response).  I'm also having occasional extreme drowsiness post-meal.

I've been 100% compliant (even had 2 restaurant and 1 bar outing) and I expected the blood sugar fluctuations to cease at this point.  

I've been cooking with fats such as avocado oil, coconut oil, or olive oil.  I can't get fully on board with avocados which was really successful for my SIL.  

I'm morbidly obese and trying really hard to make this a successful catalyst to a healthier lifestyle, but I'm honestly worried about passing out or if I'm doing more harm.  Any one else experiencing this or have any suggestions.  Full disclosure - it may not be blood sugar (I'm not diabetic or pre-diabetic), but hopefully the description resonates with someone out there.

Hey there

It would be very helpful if you could let us know what exactly your meals have looked like over the past 3-4 days. Please provide specifics on portion sizes of protein in relation to your palm, specific veg types, water intake, any exercise or meds.... That way we'll be better equipped to help you troubleshoot. Are you salting your food?

Day 1 of week 2 here ... I am really lovin' Whole30 so far.  I'm sleeping better and I'm not hungry between meals. The latter alone, to me, is amazing. I think it's the fat. I did not eat v. much fat before. My brain and body are probably like "HALLELUJAH!" 

I was a little worried about working out but no energy issues so far. My husband has been looking at my meals and wants to join mid-month heh. He is a classic carb-o-holic and uses sugar sometimes as a pick-me-up the way some of us use caffeine. He wants to lose about 10 pounds which, I am chagrined to say, will probably take him less than a month. MEN AND THEIR METABOLISMS. I am envisioning a rougher on-ramp for him. I've basically been saying things to him like "You know (insert any of his top 10 favorite foods) is out, right?" or "Nope, nope, and nope" to get him mentally prepared. 

Things I've discovered ... tuna in olive oil? AMAZING. Well Fed's Italian pork roast? I can eat that every meal. Homemade olive oil mayo? Good lord. I've been using that like ketchup on ... well, anything (compliant). I travel a fair amount for work and have a trip this upcoming weekend. Luckily, it's in NYC ... home of the highest-maintenance eaters in the world ... and the restaurants that serve them :-D.

1 minute ago, jmcbn said:

Hey there

It would be very helpful if you could let us know what exactly your meals have looked like over the past 3-4 days. Please provide specifics on portion sizes of protein in relation to your palm, specific veg types, water intake, any exercise or meds.... That way we'll be better equipped to help you troubleshoot. Are you salting your food?

From memory since Thursday --

AM: sweet potato/onion/spinach/brisket/2 egg scramble

Noon: brisket in romaine leaf boats; some fruit?

PM: ??

Friday --

A: power greens, half can of chicken breast, W30 vinagrette

N: carrot [this was my first instance of feeling like I was going to pass out, but was due entirely to a child's medical issue that was being tended to]

P: spaghetti squash with W30 tomato sauce/ground turkey

Saturday --

A: potato/onion hash; 2 fried eggs

N: 2 hard-boiled eggs, apple

P: leftover spaghetti squash/meat sauce

Sunday --

A: potato/onion/brisket/spinach/2 egg scramble

N: 2 hard-boiled eggs, apple [clearly approaching annoyance with preparation and leftovers]

P: handful of nuts and apple

Today --

A: 2 hard-boiled eggs, blueberries

N: power greens, tomatoes, W30 vinaigrette/spaghetti squash with meat sauce/peach

**waves of blood sugar weirdness that led me here**

As I previously mentioned, I know yesterday wasn't a wise choice day, but these "blood sugar" feelings have occurred several times in the week.  Assume all things cooked were cooked in a healthy cooking fat item.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, I don't think you're eating enough.

When eggs are the only source of protein in a meal a serving would be the number of whole eggs you can hold in one hand. That's generally 3-4 for most people. And when you start the day with an inadequate breakfast you then spend the rest of te day playing catch up. However, since your other meals are on the small side (2 boiled eggs & an apple/blueberries) you're never really getting caught up & that's what your body is trying to tell you.

Protein you need for staying power. It takes the body some time to digest so it provides a nice slow burning source of fuel. Fat (which you are severely lacking in) provides energy & keeps the brain healthy. Egg yolks don;t count by the way, neither does the oil you're using to cook with. Veg wise you're also very low on. The recommendation is for 1-3 cups with 3 being optimum, but what we really mean is FILL your plate. Some meals don;t have ANY veg here.

You might also want to keep any fruit and/or starchy veg until meal three - it is likley to impact blood sugar when eaten later in the day, and there is plenty of anecdotal eveidence that the starches will help with sleep.

And on that note (these are all pretty important).... How is your sleep? Are you salting your food ? Are you drinking the recommended half an ounce of water per pound of body weight, daily?

5 minutes ago, jmcbn said:

Ok, I don't think you're eating enough.

When eggs are the only source of protein in a meal a serving would be the number of whole eggs you can hold in one hand. That's generally 3-4 for most people. And when you start the day with an inadequate breakfast you then spend the rest of te day playing catch up. However, since your other meals are on the small side (2 boiled eggs & an apple/blueberries) you're never really getting caught up & that's what your body is trying to tell you.

Protein you need for staying power. It takes the body some time to digest so it provides a nice slow burning source of fuel. Fat (which you are severely lacking in) provides energy & keeps the brain healthy. Egg yolks don;t count by the way, neither does the oil you're using to cook with. Veg wise you're also very low on. The recommendation is for 1-3 cups with 3 being optimum, but what we really mean is FILL your plate. Some meals don;t have ANY veg here.

You might also want to keep any fruit and/or starchy veg until meal three - it is likley to impact blood sugar when eaten later in the day, and there is plenty of anecdotal eveidence that the starches will help with sleep.

And on that note (these are all pretty important).... How is your sleep? Are you salting your food ? Are you drinking the recommended half an ounce of water per pound of body weight, daily?

My sleep is awesome.  No problem there, but I've never really had any difficulties on that.  I am also drinking 9-10 glasses of water, so I'm good on that front.  I salted the hard-boiled eggs, but VERY rarely salt anything on my plate...I don't like the taste.  To compensate in the last week, I've been using it in my cooking more than usual.

I will say the lack of veggies in the meals (I didn't include some side veggies now that I recall - raw large carrot, sweet potatoes) at the end of the week was from a source of frustration over preparation/time/general surliness.

On the fats - any non-avocado suggestions if the oils aren't cutting it?

Just now, Neftes said:

My sleep is awesome.  No problem there, but I've never really had any difficulties on that.  I am also drinking 9-10 glasses of water, so I'm good on that front.  I salted the hard-boiled eggs, but VERY rarely salt anything on my plate...I don't like the taste.  To compensate in the last week, I've been using it in my cooking more than usual.

I will say the lack of veggies in the meals (I didn't include some side veggies now that I recall - raw large carrot, sweet potatoes) at the end of the week was from a source of frustration over preparation/time/general surliness.

On the fats - any non-avocado suggestions if the oils aren't cutting it?

Your sodium intake can drop by around 70% when switching to a whole foods diet so it's imperative that you salt everything - this could be a big contributing factor in how you're feeling.

Fats - have you made mayo yet? I eat that stuff on pretty much everything.... Saucesdressings made from the mayo... Then there's olives, compliant bacon, ghee, tallow,schmaltz, lard, duck/goose/fat, coconut milk/cream/oil/flakes/flesh, nuts/nut butters/seeds (to be used in moderation) & their various oils and dressings made from them... Fatty cuts of meat (brisket, ribs, chicken wings skins on)...

I'd just also say that the longer you stick at it the better you get at prep, the more prepared you are, and the less like a chore it all seems - honest!

3 minutes ago, jmcbn said:

Your sodium intake can drop by around 70% when switching to a whole foods diet so it's imperative that you salt everything - this could be a big contributing factor in how you're feeling.

Fats - have you made mayo yet? I eat that stuff on pretty much everything.... Saucesdressings made from the mayo... Then there's olives, compliant bacon, ghee, tallow,schmaltz, lard, duck/goose/fat, coconut milk/cream/oil/flakes/flesh, nuts/nut butters/seeds (to be used in moderation) & their various oils and dressings made from them... Fatty cuts of meat (brisket, ribs, chicken wings skins on)...

I'd just also say that the longer you stick at it the better you get at prep, the more prepared you are, and the less like a chore it all seems - honest!

Thank you for that.  I am definitely using dressings, olive oils, and ghee...and I've made the mayo, but haven't tasted it yet.  Sadly, I despise few foods and two of those are on this list - olives and coconut anything (though I'm having success with the oil not sharing its flavor in things).  Sounds like I'm going to need to try to make the avocado my friend.  I have a recipe planned with week that take coconut milk, we'll see.  Brisket was very salty for me, so I've used that in several other meals.

Again, thank you for your help.  I'll work on being more conscientious about the salt intake and increasing my healthy fats.  Maybe the mayo will take me over the cliff?  I will also work on reducing my nap-in-favor-of-meal-prep decisions!

1 minute ago, Neftes said:

Sadly, I despise few foods and two of those are on this list - olives and coconut anything (though I'm having success with the oil not sharing its flavor in things)

Stick with refined coconut oil & there should be neither smell nor flavour...;)

Good luck with the mayo - it's a gae changer for many people!!

On 8/5/2016 at 2:23 PM, NicoleStevens said:

I'm so proud of myself guys! I made chocolate chip cookies for my family last night and didn't eat one!! Keep going guys, we're already almost 20% done!!

Wow, you are brave to mix up cookie dough during these 30 days.  I was going to make a cake for book club and decided I should buy something instead.  I could not be around cake dough.  Thanks for the % updates... that helps and makes it seem farther along to me than Day__ out of 30.  By this time next week we will be past 50%!

On 8/5/2016 at 5:51 PM, Kannk said:

Day 5 and my joints are markedly less painful!! I appreciate the support of reading about your experiences! We got this!!

Kannk, so glad you are feeling better!  I'm encouraged and hope I get relief for my tendonitis.

On 8/6/2016 at 7:29 AM, Elizabeth3 said:

Hey everyone! We made it to day 6! Unbelievable! This is the longest I've ever gone without sugar or any other processes food! Proud of myself and everyone else! Keep going!!

Excellent, Elizabeth, and keep it up!

11 hours ago, Mariamrx said:

Mariamrx, thanks for the tips about visual meal combos and the "buns."  Best of luck on your modified plan; sounds like you are adding in just gluten-free grains which should still make a big difference.  

5 hours ago, Tabithabea said:

Out camping and hiking trip went really well! We had great food that was great for us! Speaking of snacks I did allow us a snack between lunch and dinner on Saturday because we had lunch on the trails and we put in some serious miles (a few of them up a mountain). The weekends are the part I anticipate being the hardest but as long as we stay busy (like we did this weekend) it helps. i hope everyone's starting to feel as great as we do! 

Tabithabea, your hiking trip sounds like it was very fun!  I'm glad it went well and that staying compliant was not difficult!  

2 hours ago, AbbyQ17 said:

I also had my first Whole30-related dream over the weekend. I dreamed that for some reason, I had a handful of "Monster Mix" (peanuts, raisins, M&Ms, chocolate and peanut butter chips), and even though I was trying my hardest to eat only the "compliant" pieces of the mix (which I'm pretty sure that in real life, NONE of it is compliant!), I still managed to get some of the M&Ms eaten. I felt so disappointed and sad in my dream, because I knew I had to start all over again!! I was so relieved when I woke up and realized it was just a dream!!!

My sleep patterns have gotten SO much better over this past week ... It's amazing how much clean eating makes a difference!!

I love hearing about the hilarious dreams phase!  My sleep has definitely improved also, but last night I woke up in the middle of the night and was awake for a few minutes worried I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep, but I did rather quickly.  I'm pretty sure it had to do with eating too much fruit with dinner.  I think I am really sensitive to sugar and that it really messes with my hormones -- even a little fruit.        

31 minutes ago, repartee said:

I've basically been saying things to him like "You know (insert any of his top 10 favorite foods) is out, right?" or "Nope, nope, and nope" to get him mentally prepared. 

That's funny... I'm trying to convince my husband too, and although he wants to lose weight, he's not really mentally prepared to give up so many categories, especially when it comes to his sacred burger buns.  He loved the picture of the "mushroom" bun but then told me he would never eat it because he doesn't like mushrooms.

Is everybody ready for the week?  How is everyone else doing?  It would be great to hear your progress if you haven't checked in yet!  Or your struggles!  I am going into what is the most difficult part of the Whole30 for me, Days 11-15, so I'm going to need extra support, and it's really helpful to see lots of input and how you are managing!  This time around so far seems a little smoother for me so far, maybe because I already had a routine and a few basic recipes figured out.  Hope you all have a great day!      

Archived