Day One - Sunday, July 24th.

LIEvans

Greetings, all!

I'm starting my second Whole30 today. I completed my first one with my husband last spring, and while it was challenging I felt absolutely terrific about halfway through. Of course, I slipped back into my old habits after I finished and my sugar dragon has been leading me around by my nose for the last few months. Time to put him back in his cage!!!

The secret to a successful Whole30?  Well, I'll tell you some of mine:

• Plan
  • Have the entire house do it with you.
  • Prep food ahead of time.
  • Subscribe to the Whole30 Daily. It really helps keep you motivated and on-track!
  • If you can afford it, take advantage of services like Pre-Made Paleo. Having a freezer full of Whole30 approved meals as backup really helped us stay on target.

I see a lot of folks starting tomorrow, but I wonder if anyone's starting today? If not, I'll just go tag along with the July 25th-ers.

Hi.  I started today also.  I find it to be quite scary since Ive been on and off a Ketogenic diet which is extremely low carb.  This is pretty high carb. I feel like it will be too many carbs for me.  I also start beginners womens Crossfit tomorrow.  

• Moderators

Hi. I started today also. I find it to be quite scary since Ive been on and off a Ketogenic diet which is extremely low carb. This is pretty high carb. I feel like it will be too many carbs for me. I also start beginners womens Crossfit tomorrow.

Whole30 is neither high nor low carb. If you feel great doing really low carb, stick to lower carb vegetables. If you don't feel great with low carb, our general recommendation for most people is to have a fist-sized serving of a starchy vegetable each day. Some people feel best with more than that, and sometimes needs vary over time -- for instance, in the week or so leading up to her period, a woman may find she needs more carb dense vegetables and more food in general than the rest of the month, and that's fine.

As for fruit, the recommendation is for up to two fist-sized servings a day, but you never have to eat any if you don't want to. Just be sure you're eating plenty of different vegetables and you should get all the nutrients you need.

Archived