Any advice on sauces?

One of my favorite no-carb meals to make is zucchini pasta. The trouble is, all the sauces I've seen out there are made with some dairy products or are made with added sugar. Anyone know any good recipes or brands that'll help keep my 'pasta' delicious?

Thanks!

• Moderators

Google whole30 plus whatever kind of sauce you want to make to find recipes. Just be sure to double check that they're compliant.

It's pretty easy to find jarred marinara sauce that's compliant, you just have to spend time reading labels.

You might like this recipe, and the site it's on has a ton of whole30 recipes: http://meljoulwan.com/2011/08/18/comfort-noodles/

Please be aware that whole30 isn't "no carb." It's definitely lower carb than the standard American diet (which recommends 300g of carbs per 2000 kcals, neither of which are counted in W30.) But it's added sugar in ingredients that is a no no. Most, if not all, plant matter has naturally occurring carbs and sugars that are required to be listed on nutrition labels, and eating too many starchy veggies can counter progress during w30. Most find that a serving of starchy veggies a day actually is beneficial.

But to address your zoodle sauce query: find a compliant sauce and enjoy :)

Archived