Whole30 Start Date 7/27

kmr1001

Hello!

It is the morning of day 2 of my first Whole30, and I am hoping to find a support group to help me stay on track for the next 29 days! I'm a 23 year old nursing graduate student, and I decided to do the Whole30 to help me overcome a lot of the food addictions I developed during the stressful college years. Prior to starting the whole30, my 3 main food groups were bread, cheese, and coffee- so this has been a huge wake up call for me!  That's not to say I wasn't eating meats, fruits and veggies- I was just overindulging when it came to carbs and cheese. Due to my past eating habits, I could definitely use some help!

This morning, I made Melissa's Chicken Hash, but I just couldn't stomach it. I couldn't even stomach fresh salsa last night, which I LOVE.  I feel nauseous when I try to eat anything- any tips? Has this happened to anyone else? I figure I am just detoxing from all the carbs/dairy/sugar I am used to eating.

I was also wondering whether it would be "okay" to stick to foods I know I like until my stomach settles down? I am excited to try new foods, but my body doesn't seem to be quite ready for this yet.

I am so excited to join this community of strong, healthy individuals! 

Good luck everyone! Let's eat our way to food freedom!

-K

Welcome! Congratulations!

As for sticking to foods you know you like, if these are not compliant, then no, it would not be okay to stick with them and continue Whole30. One thing to consider is a slow ramp from old habits into Whole30 - if you ate bread and cheese three meals a day before, switch to two meals a day, then one meal a day, until finally you are not eating either at any meal and staying compliant.

If the foods you're referring to are compliant, go with it, as long as the repetition doesn't bother you. One of the hardest things about the first week for me was feeling like I had to follow the meal plan from the book down to the last detail (I was much more successful and happier when I made adjustments that made sense for my tastes and life). However... if you want your body to get a good balance of nutrition, you need to eat a variety of produce and protein. For produce, make sure you're getting several different colors as you go; for protein, mix eggs and meat through your meal plan. I learned, during my W30, that when I was having trouble stomaching something, adding some starchy veggies helped a lot, though this could just be my body.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks Staggolee41! I meant eating the compliant foods I already like (chicken, beef, peppers, onion, sweet potato, spinach, etc). Thank for the tip about adding the starchy vegetables! I'll try that for lunch!

Oogabooga- Good luck! I haven't tried the coconut milk/cream yet!

Thanks Staggolee41! I meant eating the compliant foods I already like (chicken, beef, peppers, onion, sweet potato, spinach, etc). Thank for the tip about adding the starchy vegetables! I'll try that for lunch!

Oogabooga- Good luck! I haven't tried the coconut milk/cream yet!

Thanks Staggolee41!  The coconut cream is actually delicious, but also kind of like crack/SWYPO so I'm laying off it.  White magic :)

Archived