Dry skin is still a problem

ladyhoward

I finished my Whole30 last week, so it may still take some time, but my skin is still quite dry. I think I eat plenty of fat, but my skin on my hands is so dry in some areas that it's cracking a bit. I've been using aloe vera on it and the gel absorbs almost instantly and then the dryness comes back. All in all, I was successful on the program and my skin is better, but I was not anticipating the dryness. Anybody else have this? I've never had a problem with eczema or anything that serious, just occasional dryness that's more annoying than anything else.

My acne didn't clear up on the Whole 30. It actually got progressively worse, which continued even as I kept eating compliant for a couple more weeks. I finally gave up on waiting for my skin to improve and started using Murad's acne "system" which cleared up most of the problem in a few days. This is not to knock the Whole 30, which I'm still very squarely pro, but just to suggest that in some cases it really might not fix everything.

I have dry skin on my feet, and the best I've been able to do is to moisturize several times a day. Sorry I don't have a solution for you.

I naturally have very dry skin and eczema on my shins. The best thing I've ever found is to apply coconut oil on my skin. When I buy the big tub for eating, I decant some and keep it in the bathroom to rub on my face, hands, legs or whichever bit needs it.

Good idea on the coconut, oil. I guess I was hoping for the dry skin to go away, but maybe it still will (or at least improve). In the meantime I'll just keep moisturizing. I did decide to add some olive oil to my aloe gel and that seemed to help a lot last night. Thanks for the responses!

My dry skin didn't improve on the whole30 either. I use homemade lotion bars with coconut oil, cocoa butter, beeswax, vitamin E, poured into cupcake molds. It keeps my skin smooth for a day, which is more than most. I've used just plain coconut oil and it's absorbed or wiped off within an hour. The ingredients for home made lotion are quite expensive to buy organic but worth it, I think. Here's the recipe: How to Make Lotion Bars- Easy Recipe | Wellness Mama

Archived