I'm doing whole30 while breastfeeding a 6 mo old. Here's a sample 3-day meal plan. Any advice is welcome! Thanks

1. Almond milk, chia seeds, berries, boiled egg

2. 3 scrambled eggs, 1/2 bell pepper, tomato, olives

3. grilled chicken, lettuce, cucumber, olive oil/sesame seed dressing (homemade), 1/2 sweet potato, 1/2 banana

4. Salmon patties, homemade olive oil mayo, tomato, asparagus, lettuce, homemade dressing

5. ham, guacamole, 1/2 banana

1. boiled egg, mayo, baby carrots

2. sausage, sweet potato, fried egg, peach, pecans

3. lettuce, ham, boiled egg, cucumber, tomato, olive oil dressing

4. Whole30 chili, potato, clarified butter, sour kraut

5. tuna salad, mini sweet peppers

1. 2 fried eggs, tomato

2. breakfast soup (potato, carrots, tomato, spinach, sausage, broth), coconut milk

3. grilled chicken, mayo based sauce, zucchini in olive oil, baby carrots

4. 3 mini burgers, tomato, mayo, pickles, small salad

5. grilled chicken, nuts & raisins

Ok, so...

Are you making a 'pudding' with the almond milk, chia seeds & berries? If so I'd recommend against this - all meals should really match the template & this is fat heavy & has no veg.... In fact I'd say in general you look low on veg - salads need to be HUGE to be anywhere near enough.

Check your ham for any off plan ingredients - it's pretty hard to find ham that hasn't been cured in some kind of sugar/honey.

You could probably ease off on the nuts - a closed handful every other day would be the recommendation. I'd add in other fat sources in their place, and maybe even plan to sip on some coconut milk throughout the day if you're feeling low on energy/hungry. You might want to increase your fat intake in general too - for instance with the mini meals protein & fat would be your best option.

Good to see that you're planning on 3 meals plus snacks (many people underestimate how much they need to eat in general, but specifically when BFing) but definitely tweak as you go - and check in here if you feel you're struggling in anyway...!!

Yes, I was planning on a small pudding (with only a serving of chia seeds. I like to keep my early morning breakfast small because that's just what I eat after nursing early in the morning, then it's back to bed. I felt like the fat and protein were the most important to include, but I'm sure I eat a few carrot sticks and make it a complete mini meal.

I do make very large salads with lots of veggies and protein to fill me up. And I finally found so ham with no sugar/honey!

Thanks for the advice! I'll try to include some more veggies and not eat so many nuts.

Archived