4 months in a hotel...

AndreaKE42

Help, I'm ready to start my Whole3o but I'm living in a hotel room for 4 more months!!! I have a mini fridge and a microwave for now. I'm hoping to find a small crockpot at a thrift store and maybe a hot plate and pan. At work they have a whole size fridge w/ freezer and a microwave I can sort of use. I need some recipe sources, planning help, suggestions. This hotel does a free dinner every night that consists of hot dogs, fried chicken, mac & cheese, etc. I need this. 

Thanks

<3 Andrea

I feel your pain. Although you win. I lived in a hotel(s) for over two months straight last year, it was a challenge. I hadn't yet done a whole30, but let me tell you, you will feel so much better if you do this! I found whole30 shortly after moving into our house, because I was so sick from all of the eating out. 

Definitely get the hot plate. You will need it for sure. You can do lots in a frying pan - really, the sky is the limit. If you can prep your proteins ahead of time, you will just have to sautéed some veggies to go with it for easy grab n go meals. You can do tons with a crock pot, throw in whole squash, whole sweet potatoes, whole chickens, pork shoulder and of course the usual soups and stews -- lots of things you would need and oven for, you can use the crock pot. Of course you will just have to plan ahead a bit.

Check out Mel Joulwan's website (Google Mel Joulwan  + meal prep), she has tons of recipes and some great meal prep ideas. Really this is completely doable if you set yourself up with a couple of tools before hand. 

Good luck! 

• Moderators

Don't torture yourself to try to do a Whole30 while living in a hotel without a kitchen. Doing a Whole30 is hard when you are living in your own home with all the storage and space you need. It is too hard to sustain in a hotel room. 

Follow the Whole30 meal planning approach as much as you can. Emphasize eating meat and veggies with good fats, but let that be good enough until you are in better circumstances. 

I agree with @Tom Denham... though I'm sure it's possible it will definitely be a struggle to start the Whole 30 in a hotel~ I couldn't imagine that! Though I'm sure you're sick of your current food options trying to start in that type of situation may sour you on the experience rather than exhilarate and refresh you and that would be a bummer. I would do what Tom suggested and eat as close to the Whole 30 as you possibly can for now until you're somewhere you can really dive in. It'll give you a break from eating junk and set you up for a smooth transition! :)

Archived