Day 25--struggling with drainage and naps

Morning!  1 of the reasons I wanted to do the Whole30 is because of persistent drainage.  Nothing debilitating, just irritating.  I thought if I cut dairy from my diet it would go away.  It hasn't really at all and today is the worst it's been.  The only thing that's different from preWhole30 is it's clear, not yellow/green.  Should I not be using ghee?  Ghee is my go to cooking fat.  Also, I've still been feeling like I need a nap most days.  I can't tell if it's because I'm still trying to catch up on sleep (avg 6-7 hours/night) or if there's something I should be doing differently with my template meals.  I'm able to go 4-5 hours between meals without feeling hungry (except yesterday when I had 2 small meals).  I'm full after each meal. I'm 6'2" female usually around 160 lbs. Here are my last few days of eating:

Day 25 

1: 2 eggs, 4 strips prosciutto, 2 cups Kale, 3 tbls guac, salsa

Day 24

1: uncured beef frank, 2 eggs, kale, coconut flakes (2 tbsp); salsa, bell peppers

2: tuna salad (2 cans of tuna, 1/2 cup mayo, pickles), plantain chips 

snack: small lunch so needed a snack about 2 hours later: more tuna salad (1 can tuna, 1/4 cup mayo, pickles)

3: zoodles, onions, 4 pieces of bacon, coconut flakes

4: snack (another small dinner, so needed a snack 2 hours later) 10 plantain chips, 2 tbls guac, handful grapes

Day 23: 

1: chicken thigh, cucumbers with ranch, coconut flakes, 1/2 sweet potato 

2: 1/2 white potato, 2 uncured beef franks, 2 cups kale, 2 handfuls olives

3: zucchini and sweet potato zoodles--3 cups; 1 chicken thigh, ranch dressing, pineapple

Day 22:

1: sweet potato noodles (2 cups, 1 cup kale, 1/2 chicken breast, guac

2: beef frank, bell peppers, ranch dressing, 2 handfuls olives

3: beef jerky, R/x bar, small handful almonds, cucumber sashimi roll

snack: 2 pieces of bacon, coconut flakes, 1 carrot

Yeah, I'd probably hold off on the ghee to see if that helps - the symptomsyou describe are often related to a dairy intolerance and some people are just super sensitive...

Nothing in your meal composition jumps out at me that might be causing the drainage issues to continue - some are a little light on veg but I don't think that's relevant here, although you could work on it - perhaps it's like many medical conditions and will just take a little longer to settle. The fact that it's clear now is a significant improvement IMHO.

4 minutes ago, jmcbn said:

Yeah, I'd probably hold off on the ghee to see if that helps - the symptomsyou describe are often related to a dairy intolerance and some people are just super sensitive...

Nothing in your meal composition jumps out at me that might be causing the drainage issues to continue - some are a little light on veg but I don't think that's relevant here, although you could work on it - perhaps it's like many medical conditions and will just take a little longer to settle. The fact that it's clear now is a significant improvement IMHO.

Thank you for the feedback! Veggies are a hard one for me.  I'll be so sad to let go of ghee and dairy in general.  Maybe I'll cut out the ghee and not introduce dairy in my fast track reintro and see if it goes away.  

Archived