Is my homemade turkey soup Whole 30 compliant

Kymberlee

Hello, I'm new to Whole 30 and have a soup recipe I think is compliant. I use turkey legs, beef ribs, onion, celery leaves, Italian parsley, carrots, parsnips, a bay leaf and chicken broth compliant with Whole 30. I slow cook it in a crockpot until the turkey is separating from the bone. I remove the meat from the bones. I use to add brown rice, but I know that's not compliant. I love this soup because it's a comfort food reminding me of my Mother and Grandmother, they added wheat speatzles to the soup, which I can't eat anymore. The soup is so good, it really doesn't need them! Thanks for your replies.

• Administrators

Right, your soup, minus the rice and speatzles is compliant. I thought you were wondering if it was compliant without those ingredients and I was curious why you thought it might not be.

Sounds delicious!

18 hours ago, JulieP757 said:

Is the chicken broth homemade?  I've never been able to find a commercially prepared brand that didn't contain some form of sugar.

I know! WHY do they need to add sugar to broth??? There is a Whole 30 compliant broth  by Imagine. It's organic and you might be able to find it where you live! Of course homemade is ALWAYS better, so if you can't find a broth that's compliant, make your own!

• 2 months later...
On 8/29/2016 at 7:27 PM, JulieP757 said:

Is the chicken broth homemade?  I've never been able to find a commercially prepared brand that didn't contain some form of sugar.

Costco organic chicken stock and Pacific low sodium turkey broth are Whole 30

Archived