I'm starting on 9/6! Anyone else too?

MelissaR

@TeacherKatrina thanks for sharing!! I hope you put some birthday candles in a rack of ribs, haha!

I'm honestly surprised with how well I've been doing! I started off on the same day that I was hit with an awful cold, and I'm definitely still recuperating from that... I think it made it a lot easier to eat healthy due to a lack of cravings, so that was fabulous, but I think the change in my diet might be causing the cold to stick around a little longer than usual. Trying to get a lot of the right vitamins throughout my day and downing some apple cider vinegar seems to help - but it's sooo gross to me, haha.

I had the "did I drink a fifth of tequila in my sleep?!" day on Saturday and literally felt hungover alllll day! It was awful but I'm grateful it didn't last longer. Plus, it's eye-opening to see the effect of a detox like this, especially when I'm a pretty healthy eater to begin with.

My biggest struggle has been not snacking/having wine at the end of the day! Trading my skinny pop + wine + tv habit for tea in bed with a book!

Only time I've had a big dessert-like craving was two nights ago, so for dinner, I made a spinach salad with prosciutto, almonds and a roasted peach with a touch of cinnamon. It's funny to me that the closest I've come to eating a dessert was a salad with a few slices of peach...but it totally hit the spot!

Cooking and meal planning has been really fun for me, except on the days I felt drained from my cold. But I'm loving all the new recipes and I prep a lot in advance so I always have a meal on hand in the fridge. I've only spent a little more on groceries than normal, and I'm saving SO much money on not going out. 

I've really loved feeling healthy in general. I've been waking up early, going to the gym, and going to bed at a reasonable hour. A little nervous for having to eat out/go to social engagements with lots of tempting food, etc. but I'm also grateful that I live in a city where there are a lot of healthy restaurants. Also nervous that one day I'm going to be super miserable/have lots of cravings, since I've felt so good so far! :ph34r:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived