I'm starting on 9/6! Anyone else too?

MelissaR

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work 2nd shift and just got home. Making mayo, protein salad, guacamole and prep for kitchen sink eggs for breakfast in the morning. My 14yo daughter is doing this with me and we are on different schedules so I have to make sure I have things done before I go to work so she can have dinner and such while I am at work. Hopefully this is the only night I will have to stay up like this. Good luck everyone on your first day. 

Hi! I am starting my first WHole30 today and so so excited! I think my biggest challenge will be finding a way to enjoy my coffee without cream. I have done away with the sugar, but I do not like coconut milk or almond milk in my coffee ... so this will be a struggle. Looking forward to starting this journey!

I started today and I'm scared! In the past I have started (and failed) many types of diets hoping for a quick fix. I have wanted to do  a whole30 for a while- have read and pinned a ton of recipes so I guess there is no time like the present....time to really clean up my eating for good. 

45 minutes ago, JessicaGus said:

Hi! I am starting my first WHole30 today and so so excited! I think my biggest challenge will be finding a way to enjoy my coffee without cream. I have done away with the sugar, but I do not like coconut milk or almond milk in my coffee ... so this will be a struggle. Looking forward to starting this journey!

This is an issue for me too. I was pleasantly surprised today with my coffee. I did a cup of brewed coffee, one mejdool date and half a cup of coconut milk. Pinch of cinnamon. Blended it and drank over ice. I am only having it once a day because of the date but it really was delicious! 

Dear Whole30ally: I'm a newbie and I will do my best to support you!

Have you gone through your pantry and read labels? It's shocking (and should be motivating) to see how many products contain added sugar and artificial sugars... Not to mention all the soy hiding out as well. I'm at the point where (at least today) I don't want those things in my body. Hang in there! Katrina 

Thanks Katrina. 

I have been good with reading labels. I just need to commit to making the time to prep for myself. I'm a mom to 3 kids- often I end up grabbing from their plates and snacks which is no good for momma! 

One thing I'm pretty nervous about- 

this wekeend my family and I are invited out for lunch to someone's house  

how do I accept but keep on whole30? Do I offer to bring my own food? I will feel like a weirdo eating my own stuff at the table  

I'm starting today too!  Read ISWF in May, spent the summer thinking about it and how wondering when I can find 30 days....  After committing to a tart date, I stressed myself out about menu planning.  Then I realized I should just plan a few days at a time and not for the full week, so shopped Sunday and cooked Monday.  Turns out I've pretty  much got the first week covered after all!

This is my first time - and I am starting from an unhealthy + binged over the weekend place.  As you can see from my screen name, it's time to take care of me.  Equal parts excited and terrified but I can do this.  WE can do this.  Here we go!!!!

Sarah

Hi all!

Started today as well! This is my fifth go-round, the impetus being summer travel/birthdays (where I tend to treat yo' self) and a half marathon on October 15. I always feel amazing during a Whole30 and want that feeling to carry over to my training. 

Happy to see so much excitement in this group!

4 hours ago, Whole30ally said:

how do I accept but keep on whole30? Do I offer to bring my own food? I will feel like a weirdo eating my own stuff at the table

Call whomever has invvited you & explain that you're on an elimination diet to try & firgre out some foods that may be effecting your health. YOu can either run over thr ules - being very specific about what you can and can not have - or offer to bring something of your own. So say they can provide a compliant protein for instance (like dry grilled steaks) then you could bring a veg dish & a fat source, or a salad & compliant dressing. Once you've done it once it's really not all that bad...

Hi, I am Amanda.  I have 5 children, ages 23, 21, 18, 15 and 12.  Two are away at college.  I started today as well!  It is always nice to find kindred spirits.  I am a w30 newbie.  I have had some health issues of late that are proving a little hard to cure and giving up sugar seemed to be a possible help.  That led me to this plan.  I am looking forward to the month to come and the possibilities that could be! 

I am too! I was going to start on the 5th and felt like today was a better fit. Had egg muffins, bacon and roasted sweet potatoes for M1, salad w/Grilled turkey breast and homemade balsamic vinegarette along with more sweet potatoes for M2 and beef, peppers, zucchini and some cauliflower rice for M3. Had a whole 30 approved Lara bar as a snack to get me through. Still pretty nervous about this journey. 

Excited to take this journey with you all!

Great job, Mamagill08!!! I work at a middle school and our staff room today was stocked with "happy back to school"  nutrigrain bars, chocolate kisses and the like. Honestly, I was concerned I might forget and pick something up without thinking! That said, I made it through the day compliant and not hungry.. Still nervous, though. 

Today wasn't so bad. Had kitchen sink eggs for breakfast. Made protein salad with tuna had that for lunch on mixed greens with cucumbers, dried cranberries, almonds. Dinner was steak with caramelized onions and steamed broccoli cauliflower and carrots. Every now and again bad foods crossed my mind. Not that I wanted it but almost like my mind was saying it knows something is missing. I hope it was my mind letting me know it's on board with my program. Keep on pushing ladies and gentlemen. 1 down!

22 hours ago, Whole30ally said:

This is an issue for me too. I was pleasantly surprised today with my coffee. I did a cup of brewed coffee, one mejdool date and half a cup of coconut milk. Pinch of cinnamon. Blended it and drank over ice. I am only having it once a day because of the date but it really was delicious! 

I love your idea for coffee. On Day 1, I was drinking my coffee black, and realized that I don't even like coffee. I just like all the 'stuff' I put in it. I will try your method this week!

Archived