SIBO

Hello. I have been sick for over 4 years and was finally diagnosed with SIBO. Those whom are familiar with this illness probably know there are at least 7 or 8 different diet plans you can follow to help heal and maintain this disorder. The diets are so different. My own doctor only told me to eat clean. It is still very confusing. I am thinking that perhaps doing the whole 30 will help me find out exactly what foods aggravate my condition when I slowly add them back in. Do any of you have any experience with this or advice? Thank you in advance!

I have/had sibo. I had to stop whole30 to treat, and went to a different but similar diet. For me, (and everyone is different) whole30 made me worse. 

Because my diet is not whole30, I'll leave it to the moderators as to whether we can discuss here? Otherwise feel free to PM me. Happy to share what I've learned. 

And I should clarify. Whole30 itself did not make me worse. It was the foods commonly associated with Whole30, the stuff commonly found in recipes I was finding. 

However figuring out the foods that bothered me, reintroducing foods, tracking symptoms, and finding structure I attribute to having done multiple 30's. So it helped and hindered  

Anyone can PM me with questions. If it's whole30 related I'll answer it here. 

Whole 30 made my SIBO better because I was away from beans and dairy, which seemed to have been the triggers for that distress. I would recommend talking with your Dr., of course, and finish your antibiotics first if he/she gave them to you so that you can figure out if its the diet or the meds that are making you feel better.

Archived