Weak-ish and light headed

My apologies if a similar (or exactly the same lol) topic has been posted, I couldn't find anything that really fit. I'm on day 11 and working on getting in the groove for meal prep and planning, and liking the food! Mostly. But, I've noticed a somewhat consistent issue with feeling a bit weaker and slightly tingly throughout the day, and especially weak, shaky and light-headed before a meal. Except for breakfast, which I choke down--never have been hungry early in the morning. Anyway, the feeling subsides to a large degree once I eat, but it feels very similar to the feelings I had before W30...where I would be suddenly very, VERY hungry and need to eat NOW or I would feel like I would pass out. I'm able to power through it better since W30, but I'm wondering if this is common and expected, or if I should be doing something different with meals?? I do have very low blood pressure and tend to be light-headed in general, if that means anything. Also, I do stay fairly well hydrated, and drinking more when I feel like that has virtually no effect, and can even make me feel hungrier.

I feel the same pretty much every day, whatever the meal, but today seemed worse. Here is what I've eaten so far today, and I'm at work so pretty much stuck with what I brought:

B: 7:00am, about a 1/3 cp of coffee w/spoonful of coconut butter and some coconut milk, 8:15am, two poached eggs over wilted greens, topped with leftover turkey curry

S: a few nuts (5-6) about 11:30

12:15 onward: wanted to eat my own arm

L: 1:00pm, Most of a chicken breast 1/2 over a pile of greens, 1/4 avocado (would have been 1/2, but it was brown and gross lol), handful of baby carrots, 1/2 cp-ish homemade mango salsa, and balsamic/EVOO dressing. This was a little less than I typically eat, I was in a hurry and just threw a bunch of stuff in my bag...sometimes I throw leftover sweet potatoes in at breakfast/lunch also.

Today, I almost feel like I'm not eating enough, or getting enough fat, or something! Dinner will probably end up being more substantial.

Thanks for any feedback, scolding, sympathy....etc. :blink::):P

No scolding, but I am noticing a few things. I don't think you are eating enough. I would increase your fat and protein at each meal. If you do have a snack, make it a mini meal. Here's one I love from Well Fed. Sliced cucumber, red bell pepper, black olives and a HB egg or piece of chicken (or whatever protein).

Your veggies look light to me too. Try eating heftier veggies like some sweet potatoes, butternut squash, broccoli, brussel sprouts and spaghetti squash.

I have a feeling if you increase your foods and don't just eat a handful of nuts if you have to snack, you will find yourself much more stable.

I suspected as much....and now I want a snack lol! During my first week I found myself eating larger portions, including the veggies you mentioned to compensate for not adding the carbs, sugars, etc., to feel satisfied. Now, I get hungry but don't get that "starved" feeling like I did before, and as a result my portions have decreased, and my snacking/grazing all but disappeared. Sounds like that will need a second look and some tweaking. Breakfast may be the hardest as I get full (or feel done, a.k.a. gag) before I even finish.

I thought I might have been overdoing the sweet potatoes, so backed off. But they (and brussel sprouts, etc) make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside ^_^ I've always been very active and had a large appetite though, so what you're saying makes sense. I'd like to start running again, but just don't feel strong enough to test my endurance yet. I'll rev up the portions/fat intake and see it how it goes!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Well, if you need a snack do it. You don't need to suffer and feel peckish. It just may take you some time to get to the 3 meals a day thing. Walk instead of run until you get this all figured out. Just make sure if you do snack, it's a mini meal. I stay away from nuts because I feel it's too easy to turn to them instead of an entire nutritous meal. No nuts or dried frut for me. :)

I too try to take it easy on the nuts, but I do really like them, probably more than I should. I have some raw almonds in my desk at work...and I was desperate...and there they were lol! I also smoked some to add to salads or curries on occasion. It would be way worse if they were cashews, good thing almonds were on sale! I feel I need to treat myself to something fabulous for dinner...better see if the bf wants to grill me a steak! (he will)

I too try to take it easy on the nuts, but I do really like them, probably more than I should. I have some raw almonds in my desk at work...and I was desperate...and there they were lol! I also smoked some to add to salads or curries on occasion. It would be way worse if they were cashews, good thing almonds were on sale! I feel I need to treat myself to something fabulous for dinner...better see if the bf wants to grill me a steak! (he will)

Yes, get a nice fatty rib eye steak, big salad with tomatoes, cukes and avocado and either spaghetti squash or broccoli. You definitely need to have a fabulous dinner and I would get rid of the nuts unless you can commit to eating them with a meal. Make yourself up some mini meal packets to take to work and if you need a snack, then have that. You can do this and tonights dinner is going to get you headed the right direction. :)

All too happy to follow such stellar and sound (and delicious) advice :D As much as it makes sense when reading about it, my head is still absorbing the idea of MORE fat, and MORE food in general. That said, I'm totally on board!

Awesome and can I just say that I LOVE LOVE the picture of your dog. So sweet.

He can be sweet, he can also be not so sweet...but I love him (and he loves me) nonetheless lol! We have 4 actually, oldest is almost 15. But he is half of the reason I need to start running again. He's my training partner and has overflowing energy. When he's not properly exercised he tends to use that energy for evil instead of good, hahaha!

BTW, had my steak last night, with oven roasted orange cauliflower and kale, and a sweet potato loaded with clarified butter...I just couldn't help myself :) AND, I felt satisfied with my food almost the instant it hit my mouth. Partly because it was so delicious! Roasted veggies have to be some of the best stuff on earth. I've roasted vegetables that I previously did not even like, and LOVE them! For breakfast today it's two poached eggs--I just love them, over chicken sausage and the remainder of my curry...tasty! Added a side of fruit with coconut flakes as well.

Just noticed you're from Oregon too!! I'm in the southern region.

Archived