Recipes for picky adult eater

Xxbrandiii

Hello everyone. 

I'm currently on day 4 of my 2nd whole30 and am struggling with food boredom already. My boyfriend doesn't do the whole30 but eats what I cook and he's also sick of the same things. 

I want some recipe ideas but here's the thing.. I'm super picky. 

I don't like any fish/seafood, avocado, kale, tomatoes (raw), any nuts other than peanuts, almond butter, coconut milk, I could truly go on. 

Here in lies my dilemma... I honestly don't know how I survived the last whole 30 but I did... 

Also to note I live in Alberta Canada so I don't have access to a lot of w30 compliant food that is available in the USA... and the closest Whole foods is a 12 hour drive....

So any help would be appreciated.. 

Thanks in advance 

• Moderators

Check out meljoulwan.com or nomnompaleo.com for lots of recipes, most of them whole30 compliant. Both of them are good about using different seasonings and sauces, which can be enough of a change to help you not be bored. If you can't find an ingredient you may be able to just leave it out (like coconut aminos) or find a substitute for it.

Go to the store and look at the produce that is available and pick one or two new vegetables each week, try each one prepared two or three different ways before you decide you don't like them.

A lot of being picky is something you can change. Being exposed to new things multiple times can help make them familiar to you so you're more comfortable eating them. Obviously, there can still be things you truly don't like, and that's fine, but give them a fair chance before you decide that.

Roasts of all types, with vegetables of your choice and different fresh herbs/compliant seasonings.

Lots of different soups.

Meljoulwan (mentioned above) chocolate chilli which my fussier other half enjoys. 

And and maybe try to embrace some new tastes...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Roasting veggies like carrots, broccoli, beets, kohlrabi give them a different flavor than eating them in other ways. a little salt and fat and they are quite tasty.

I heartily second getting ahold of Well Fed, Well Fed 2, Well Fed Weeknights by Mel Joulwan, Nom Nom Paleo Food for Humans ... start with their websites for some great recipes.

Archived