Choosing protein at restaurants

Helene2310

I have been on the whole30 for 7 days now and have read ISTW, the Whole30 made simple e book, and lots of forums but I am still not 100% clear on choosing protein if you do have to eat out. I know that we want organic grass feed meats and chicken, but if I am at a restaurant and their meats aren't grass fed or organic can I still get it with no sauces and trim the fat off? Or do I need to stick with only some kind of wild fish??

Thanks!

• Moderators

The Whole30 focuses on food choices first and food quality second. If all you do is stop eating processed foods and eat whole foods (meat and veggies), your health will improve. So the answer is that you can choose any meat you like in a restaurant regardless of its grass-fed or organic status. You should trim the fat from factory-farmed food because toxins move to the fat cells and factory-farmed foods are usually exposed to toxins.

You can have sauces in restaurants as long as they are not made with sugar, gluten, soy, etc. It is difficult to get reliable information from servers about sauces, so asking for your food without sauces can increase the likelihood that you avoid off-plan ingredients.

Archived