Started Oct 19

KMO_Q

• Administrators

Hi Kevin,

Sorry that you are still experiencing a headache. My first Whole30 I came with a history of headaches and ended up having a fairly prominent one for almost 14 days. If you can give us an idea of your typical meals and timing (include portion sizes, specific veggies, fluid intake, exercise, sleep habits), we can give you some feedback. As you menioned above, you were eating an amount of sugar/carbs. The reduction of these can cause headaches but remember that Whole30 is not a "low carb" diet. You should be eating at least a fist sized serving of starchy veggie.

Give us a rundown and we'll try and help! :)

ladyshanny,

I am 58 and exercise regularly.  Regarding eating....In the AM I have been having a cup of black coffee and a 3 egg omelet with veggies (typically bell peppers, onion, spinach) several mornings I added bacon, today I also added a half of an avacado.  in the afternoon I have had a salad with chicken (vinegar and olive oil) dinners have been varied  last night ground beef w/ onion, bell peppers and broccoli with a side of roasted golden beets and 3 dried apricots.  Sat night grilled chicken breast with roasted asparagus portions have been medium for the protein and large for the veggies....today for lunch I will have Naked Beef from SNAP Kitchen with a glass of  coconut milk...The headaches are not severe just a constant reminder that something is changing...kind of cool...

Since starting, my exercise has been limited but typically do 30-45 minutes elliptical and 20-30 minutes weights 3 times a week

I make sure I get to bed and typically get 8 hrs

Prior to Whole30 typical breakfast a bowl of cereal and a muffin, lunch was pizza or pasta or a pasta salad dinner fast food or grilled meat with baked potato with all the added condements (butter, sour cream, bacon) and an evening snack of cereal (Frosted flakes) or vanilla ice cream....also plenty of chocolate  candy

Thanks 

• Administrators

OK, your meals seem pretty good. I would recommend that you continue to have that serving of starchy veggie with your evening meal. Beets count as does the baked potato (without the sour cream, butter etc). 

Are you drinking water? Salting your food? Headaches aren't inherently a sign of something wrong but with some tweaks you might be able to reduce them. Make sure you are adding fat to each meal. 

Finally, we really discourage people from drinking any calories. Liquid calories (such as a glass of coconut milk) is not received the same way as regular food by your body. Instead of coconut milk as fat, try avocado, olives, guacamole, homemade mayo etc. 

I always salt and pepper my food....have been exclusively drinking water only, except for black coffee in the morning and this onetime lunch with coconut milk (no added sugar)....thanks for the advice...will be making mayo and will have avocado with my meal tonight...thank you!

Archived