Cheryl's first Whole30 - 10/9 Start

Cheryl Epp Colgan

Well, I started last Monday but didn't discover this forum until now, so I'm a little late to the party! So far has been "pretty good" although I know I am not 100% compliant and am OK with that. I only had one "slip up" with a small glass of apple cider yesterday from the farm I went to. Although technically, the only ingredient was apples, I have since read that it's still a no-no. Sigh, oh well. Up until today it has been relatively easy to ignore the sugar cravings except today was a challenge for some reason. I've never been a big fruit eater, but today I have totally overdone it with the fruit...two bananas and an apple so far. I think it's my body's way of rebelling, but hey at least it's not red wine and chocolate! (which is what I REALLY want!) so I'm trying not to beat myself up about it too much.

Breakfast:

2 slices of organic bacon

2 pastured eggs, scrambled with diced red pepper, onion and fresh spinach.

Coffee with Paleo non-dairy creamer --->http://followingmynose.com/2010/10/a-primal-non-dairy-coffee-creamer/ (This has been an absolute LIFE SAVER) and I love putting it over fruit too.

Lunch

Apple

Banana

Cashews

This is lame, I know....but I was on the road.

Snack

Banana with almond butter

Wasn't even hungry honestly but this is when I had my mini meltdown of sorts and took it out on a banana.

Dinner

Roast chicken with mixed roasted veggies: onion, sweet potato, fennel, carrots

Dessert later will be....(yeah, I said dessert, so shoot me!)

Cherries with non-dairy coffee creamer on top

I have definitely been sleeping a lot better but so far that is the only thing that I've noticed. My skin has been breaking out the same or maybe even a little bit more than when I started so I'm a little bummed about that, and I don't feel any lighter. It is only Day 6 though, so what do I expect?!

Today (Day 7) was much better in the way of sugar cravings.

Breakfast:

2 slices bacon

2 eggs with red pepper, onion and spinach

Coffee with Paleo non-dairy creamer

Lunch

Apple

Cashews

Dinner

Eggplant Boats (my own recipe). Roasted eggplant boats (sliced in half and hollowed out), filled with pastured ground beef seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and basil, and mixed with sauteed chopped onion and mushroom with Wegmans Organic Roasted Garlic tomato sauce. Delicious.

Dessert (yep, still needing something else after dinner)

Handful of strawberries drizzled in 1 tbsp. coconut cream concentrate mixed with 1 tsp. cocoa powder.

I also drank several cups of Rooibos chai tea and LaCroix coconut sparkling water.

Welcome! That coffee creamer does sound nice. I have to say I'm all about the coconut cream in coffee just as is - the thick portion of canned coconut milk. You can also whip it up to make it like whipped cream. Okay can it be morning coffee time again yet? ;)

Keep up the awesome work! :D

Day 8

Breakfast:

2 slices bacon

Lunch:

Leftover stuffed eggplant boat from last night's dinner

Small sweet potato made into baked fries

Dinner:

(Why is typing on this thing so difficult? When I hit ENTER to get to a new line it does a backspace, and when I do backspace it acts as the ENTER function. SO annoying!)

Spaghetti squash topped with 1 baked chicken breast and Wegman's Organic Roasted Garlic tomato sauce (best sauce ever)

Dessert

1 sliced banana, topped with 1 tbsp. coconut butter and 1/2 tsp. cocoa powder. Yum, this was so good.

I also had a couple more cups of coffee throughout the day as well as a couple cans of LaCroix Coconut Sparkling water.

Day 9

Breakfast:

2 slices bacon

Can you tell I'm a creature of habit??? LOL

Lunch:

Small sweet potato made into baked fries

Cashews

Dinner:

Spaghetti Squash Latkes with 4 oz. chicken breast.

Dessert

1 sliced banana, topped with 1 tbsp. coconut butter and 1/2 tsp. cocoa powder. Yum, this was so good....so good I had it two nights in a row :)

Also lots of black coffee and LaCroix coconut water, as well as distilled water.

Day 10

Breakfast:

2 slices bacon

Yes, I pretty much eat this EVERY day.

Lunch:

Leftover chicken breast and spaghetti squash latkes from last night's dinner

handful of cashews

Mid Afternoon:

Kombucha

Dinner:

Eggplant boats- same recipe I used the other night

Sweet potato fries

Dessert

1 sliced banana, topped with 1 tbsp. coconut butter and 1/2 tsp. cocoa powder. Yum, this was so good.

My tummy did not feel well after this, and as we speak I'm munching on an apple with almond butter. I have that hungry pit feeling in my stomach, but I know it cant be out of hunger. I'm guessing it's acidity...probably from the meat?

Day 11

Breakfast:

2 slices bacon

Yes, I pretty much eat this EVERY day.

Lunch:

Leftover Eggplant boat from dinner

Mid Afternoon:

Kombucha

Apple Pie Larabar. Sighh...I really don't know why I ate this :( Yes, it is technically allowed as far as ingredients go, but I recognize that there was no "food emergency" to call for this...simply my craving for something sweet and something to eat, even though I wasn't really hungry.

Dinner:

Grass Fed Ribeye steak from Wegmans

Sweet potato fries

Dessert

1 sliced banana, topped with 1 tbsp. coconut butter and 1/2 tsp. cocoa powder.

Coffee with coconut creamer

Archived