Magnesium

Kirsteen

I know Whole30 recommends taking magnesium in the form of Natural Calm. However it's very difficult to find over here. I can get it on Amazon but it's working out at $65 for 16oz which, frankly, is beyond me. I have Now products magnesium citrate. It has absolutely no nasties in it.

Melissa says to take magnesium immediately before bed, yet the Now label says to take it with a meal. Obviously I'm not going to eat immediately before bed, so is it worth taking the magnesium citrate at all and, if so, when should I take it.

• Moderators

Wow! Natural Calm is a bit less than $25 in the US for 16 ounces.

Like you, I take the package directions seriously, but I found other sources that advised taking magnesium citrate with a full glass of water on an empty stomach. Given my experience with Natural Calm, I think you would be safe taking magnesium citrate before bed with a glass of water.

Ok I'll give it a try before bed, thanks Tom. Yes a lot of stuff you get there is extortionate over here and if I order direct from the USA I have to pay the shipping plus pay customs 20% of the price including shipping plus over $16 to my local post office for the privilege of making the payment. i have to really want something to do that.

Archived