SUGAR WITHDRAWALS

RosesRred

• Administrators

Yep, everything @snowflower said. Also, drink lots of water (half ounce per pound of bodyweight) and don't use fruit or nuts to prop up sugar cravings. Your sugar dragon is pissed that you're not feeding it any more and it's going to freak out. Stay strong, eat properly sized meals that keep you going for 4-5 hours and if you absolutely HAVE to eat something when you are having a craving for sugar, have fat. Olives are a great choice because they are as far from sweet as you can get.

Beyond that, much of the "need" for sugar is psychological, it's something you just have to work through. Distract yourself: go for a walk, go to bed, watch a good show, read a book, have a bath, shave your legs, paint your nails, color/doodle, write in a journal, make a phone call, do the dishes, sweep the kitchen, change the sheets on your bed, do a load of laundry, rake leaves. 

And as far as sleep goes, lack of adequate sleep and excess stress will always have a body searching for sugar...............mitigate this by reducing your stress as much as you can (or treating it) and getting good sleep.

Thank you, I've added a starch to my breakfast this morning. My lunch will consist of green beans, salad with black olives, a baked potato and few pieces of beef tenderloins. Any suggestions on what I can add or change? Want to make sure it's enough till dinner..

Just now, RosesRred said:

Thank you, I've added a starch to my breakfast this morning. My lunch will consist of green beans, salad with black olives, a baked potato and few pieces of beef tenderloins. Any suggestions on what I can add or change? Want to make sure it's enough till dinner..

Do you have AT LEAST a palms worth of beef tenderloin pieces?

Do you have AT LEAST a handful of olives? If not, do you have another fat source included?  Maybe dressing on your salad?  Or olive oil on your green beans?

1 minute ago, RosesRred said:

Thank you Lady Shanny, I feel lack of sleep is definitely a factor....@sunflower, yes for both. but no dressing for the salad. I was going squeeze some lemon and add a little salt to my salad.

Add a little olive oil to your salad, too.....fat is your friend. :D

Archived