January 3, 2017

MoonNStarz

Hello everyone,

My name is Tammy.  I'm from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.  My goal is to start my first WHOLE 30 at the start of the new year.  I know it a month and a half away, but I'm the type of person that needs to get everything planned and set into place before I start,  and I am a bad planner.... Sounds silly but it's true.  And another thing, I'm a cook, so menu planning should be easy right.....

I have a lot of bad habits.  I don't eat regularly.   My job takes my to midnight/ 1 AM,  bedtime happens around 2 or 3 AM,  wake up around noon/ 1 PM  and then back to work for 4 PM.  I don't eat breakfast, just a couple cups of coffee ( I already switched to almond milk instead of cream), and then I graze at work until around 10 PM before I actually eat a meal.  There are only so many things you can eat so many times before it gets boring.  Not only are we responsible for cooking for the lounge clients, we also run a concession stand just off to the side of the kitchen.  Pop, chips, chocolate bars, cappuccino.... I am a serious sugarholic.  I should also mention that in he kitchen there are french fries, burgers, hot dogs, onion rings, etc...

I am a weak person when it comes to not giving in to temptations when there are just so readily available.  If I don't take the time to plan properly, I'm not going to be successful.  I have to admit doing this WHOLE 30 cleanse is scaring the crap out of me.  I figured that while I' taking this time to plan, I can also take this time to make adjustments and wean myself so I can slid into this easier.

I need to do this for myself.  I'm not feeling healthy, low energy/motivation, brain fog, headaches, exhaustion, and on and on I could go.

My cupboards are already clean.  My hubby and I had gotten into the habit of shopping daily for what we need, but with meals provided for us at work, we really don't do that anymore. so thats a start at least.  

First of all, there's nothing to be scared about but I grant you you will feel overwhelmed at first.   

Don't think of it so much as a "cleanse" as a "recalibration".  That's what it is functionally.

And don't worry that January isn't here yet.  It's a good idea to start thinking about how you're going to approach this with the schedules and so forth

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived