Starting today

Ms. Amanda Sue

I started studying the effects of what we eat and ADHD last week.  My family decided to remove all artificial colors and flavors starting this week, and then I came across the Whole30.  This is exactly what we are looking for - a complete reset.  I'm very concerned about what I will do for school lunches for my son, and for sending food with my hubby (who is a truck driver) but I am excited for this opportunity.  I'm a stay at home mother, so i'm looking forward to using my time wisely for meal prep!

Here it goes! 

4 hours ago, Ms. Amanda Sue said:

I'm very concerned about what I will do for school lunches for my son, and for sending food with my hubby (who is a truck driver)

Look up healthy meal prep in YouTube. Or other keywords like paleo, whole30, etc.  Gives plenty of good ideas for what others are doing.

I'm one week into this. To keep it simple, I planned to follow the one-week meal plan in the Whole 30 book. That actually plans your packable lunches and quick breakfasts for the next day. I've pretty much kept to it but varied how I used my leftovers since it's just me following the plan.

There are some great resources here that will tell you how you might feel at each stage. I was very reassured to hear that my sudden loss of energy on days 6-7 was normal. After one day of barely having the energy to raise my head, the next day I got a ton of things done even before going to work in the morning.

Good luck with the program. It doesn't have to be hard. Use the resources here to help you.

Jill

Archived