Trying whole30 again!

Amydoos

In September I tried the whole 30 but only got to about day 11 :( I constantly see people who have done it and I want to do it so bad! I never felt better than I did those 11 days. Looking for some help/ encouragement along the way. My boyfriend is the hardest part because he pretty much eats whatever. I am really trying to get some good results here so I need your help!!!

Welcome back! :) That is tough to have someone close to you who isn't on the Whole30 bandwagon. You can do this. Focus on the great things you can eat (meat, tons of veggies, some fruit and a whole lotta good fats) and not on what you don't want to eat.

Plan Plan Plan! That was part of the key to my success...sitting down and planning meals for the week. I'm fortunate that my husband helps/eats the same when he's home. But, if you plan the meals according to the W30 guidelines, if your BF wants to add some carb to it or other nonW30 food, he can do so. Also, try cooking a bit on the weekends for the week. That also makes it easier.

In addition to a lot of positive self-talk, and a LOT of planning and preparation, I did something a little silly and fun.

I hung a beautiful calendar in my kitchen. Every morning, first thing, I would put a red heart sticker in top portion of the box for that day. Every night, I would put a reward sticker underneath the heart. The reward stickers were sayings like well done, you did it, great job, etc. I could only place a reward sticker on the calendar if I stayed on program.

The heart was a reminder that this is something I am doing for me. I love and value myself enough to take good care of myself. The reward sticker was to recognize a job well done.

Watching the calendar fill up with all of those stickers really helped me to see my progress and help me stay motivated. I am no longer on the W30 program, but still 95% compliant. I still start and end the day with stickers.

All the best -you CAN do this!

Lisa

In addition to a lot of positive self-talk, and a LOT of planning and preparation, I did something a little silly and fun.

I hung a beautiful calendar in my kitchen. Every morning, first thing, I would put a red heart sticker in top portion of the box for that day. Every night, I would put a reward sticker underneath the heart. The reward stickers were sayings like well done, you did it, great job, etc. I could only place a reward sticker on the calendar if I stayed on program.

The heart was a reminder that this is something I am doing for me. I love and value myself enough to take good care of myself. The reward sticker was to recognize a job well done.

Watching the calendar fill up with all of those stickers really helped me to see my progress and help me stay motivated. I am no longer on the W30 program, but still 95% compliant. I still start and end the day with stickers.

All the best -you CAN do this!

Lisa

What a GREAT idea. I miss the stickers of my childhood. :)

Is the whole30 book helpful? Is it worth buying?

Do you mean It Starts With Food? Absolutely! I have done 2 Whole 30s. My first was 8/1/2011. I had lots of supporfrom friends who were also doing it, but I have to say, this time was so much more fun because of the book . I did buy the Success Guide (I think that's what it was called) which was great, but ISWF is so very awesome in a different way.

Do you mean It Starts With Food? Absolutely! I have done 2 Whole 30s. My first was 8/1/2011. I had lots of supporfrom friends who were also doing it, but I have to say, this time was so much more fun because of the book . I did buy the Success Guide (I think that's what it was called) which was great, but ISWF is so very awesome in a different way.

Then I shall buy it today! Thanks ! 😊

Then I shall buy it today! Thanks ! 😊

Then I shall buy it today! Thanks ! ��

It's also available on Kindle which I have. I also have it in hard copy so I can loan it to friends who are curious. :) Well Fed is also on Kindle and I have to say one of the best Kindle recipe books I have seen. You can click on recipe name from the appendix and also when you are at a recipe and it gives you flavor options, you can click on those too.

Archived