My First Whole30

AshleyB03

Breakfast: Banana, Honey Lavander Tea, Almonds 

Lunch: Poached egg with avocado 

Dinner: Salmon with mango salsa and zucchini 

Grocery shopping was more challenging that I expected. I was searching for almond flour and coconut flour, but I couldn't buy them because they had sugar in the ingredients. The almond flour had 1g of sugar, and the coconut flour had 3gs of sugar. Does anyone have any tips on sugar free almond / coconut flour? 

8 minutes ago, AshleyB03 said:

The almond flour had 1g of sugar, and the coconut flour had 3gs of sugar

Was the sugar listed in the ingredients? Or in the nutritional info? If it's the former it's out, if it's the latter it's fine as this is referencing the naturally occurring sugars in the almonds & coconut.

As an aside you are not eating nearly enough, and you're going to be very hungry/grouchy/low on energy etc unless you start eating more. Have you seen the recommended meal template? Build each of your meals to match that and you'll feel so much better for it....

4 hours ago, jmcbn said:

Was the sugar listed in the ingredients? Or in the nutritional info? If it's the former it's out, if it's the latter it's fine as this is referencing the naturally occurring sugars in the almonds & coconut.

As an aside you are not eating nearly enough, and you're going to be very hungry/grouchy/low on energy etc unless you start eating more. Have you seen the recommended meal template? Build each of your meals to match that and you'll feel so much better for it....

Thank you! Sugar was listed in the ingredients. My local grocery store only had two options, so I will venture to a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods and try again. 

I snacked with celery, almonds, walnuts and added sweet potatoes with tonight's salmon. Thank you for the meal template, I'll give it a try. 

Archived