Our Paleo Life

Tracy R.

I wasn't sure where to post about a comment my husband got from somebody at work. I decided to go ahead and start a journal here, since we aren't doing a W30. My husband has been losing weight and he gets comments on that often. They make him feel good, but what he was told the other day had him calling me with excitement. One of his fellow teachers told him that his skin looked gorgeous and healthy. The color of it had changed, it had cleared up, it wasn't oily, it looked young...she went on and on.

As some of you might remember, we didn't complete our W30 last month because of a planned stopped at day 27 when we attended a banquet. We were going to do a W30 this month, but we both decided that it made more sense for us to just say "this is how we eat now". We don't plan on adding those foods we cut out back into our daily diets. We like the strict Paleo way of eating for our family.

My husband takes dinner left overs to school for lunch and EVERYDAY he has several people ask him what he is eating today. It's usually the same ones asking each time. They want me to send the recipes in with him and a summary of what we are eating and why. I've not had time to do any of that, but it makes me feel good to know that the changes they see in my husband and his enthusiasm for what he is eating (my husband has never liked leftovers until we started that W30) is catching on and getting interest.

I like that you decided against doing another whole 30 to say "this is how we eat now!" That is awesome. I wish my husband was on board. He has been eating paleo somewhat but when his coworkers as if he is on the caveman diet he says "I'm on the I eat what she cooks diet." I find myself tempted to snack on his non-paleo junk snacks at night and it would be so much easier if he was on board and wasn't eating that stuff at all. I do the grocery shopping so I pretty much cut out most of the snacks but he does ask for a few things like pretzels and popcorn. Congrats on your success!

Well, since posting this I've decided to do a w30, lol.

I like that you decided against doing another whole 30 to say "this is how we eat now!" That is awesome.

My sister started one yesterday and I want to do it with her, so I started also. It was great being able to "start" after lunch, when I talked to her. Since my breakfast and lunch had been w30 compliant, I didn't have to wait till the next day to start. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Breakfast: scrambled egg, salsa and a few black olives.

Lunch: baked chicken thigh, cucumber slices, dill pickle, black olives

Dinner: crock-pot pork ribs, salad with Well Fed creamy Italian dressing

snack: banana

water: 20 oz...way to little to drink yesterday. felt tired and had a headache from lack of water

exercise: none

Archived