Any time off during your Whole30?

aprilb

Hello! I work out 5-6 days a week. A variety of classes that mostly include HIIT, bodyweight strength training and Pilates. I've been doing this consistently for about 7 months, but am feeling like I'm hitting a bit of a wall. Just tired. Could be my Whole30 (I'm on Day 3 of this round), or it could be just that maybe after 7 months, a little break would be good? I feel myself getting to the point of overtrained (not looking forward to my workouts, too tired in between, etc.). Anyone ever just take a few days or a week off to recuperate?

For the first week of your Whole30, you will feel a little tired as your body adjusts to the new way of eating.  You might want to dial it down for the first week. I do crossfit and so I would modify the workout so its not so intense or do some other gentler form of exercise for that first week. Good luck! :D

I would like to add that you should make sure you are eating your pre & postWO snacks in addition to your template meals and make sure you are eating enough in general and drinking enough water, that will help.

• Administrators

We definitely recommend that people take it easier in the first 10-14 days because their bodies are rebalancing and converting over to fat adaptation. The fact you feel overtraining come on should give you the answer you need regardless of what anyone on the internet tells you. Listen to yourself and do what is best for you! :) 

Archived