I started on Jan 2 and this doesn't suck.

shanthecitygirl

Today is my Day 10! Can't believe I'm already 1/3 way done. Energy levels are pretty much back to normal, but not higher than usual. I've noticed that my bloating has gone down a lot, I could even briefly fit my wedding ring on my finger (haven't worn it since before pregnancy). My motivation for doing the Whole30 is to attempt to regulate hormones/cycle and conceive our next child, so I won't know how well it is working for a few months at least.

Last night my husband attempted a stir fry that did not turn out as well as we had hoped (edible but not awesome), but somehow my 18 month old loved it so I consider it a successful meal! Another day of not feeling crazy hungry or even empty after meals. How is everyone else?

Glad you are feeling strong! I am feeling pretty damn good too!I haven't felt much stronger on my workouts/running but my skin is finally clearing and my nails are so long. Plus I am sleeping great. I even have made some Whole30 meals for my parents and they both are really impressed. Last night was a huge work celebration and I knew it was going to be tough, lots of catered food I didn't know the ingredients for and tons of wine. But I eat a delicious dinner beforehand (my favorite recipe so far) and brought my own sparkling water and snacks so it was easy to avoid temptation.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2017 at 7:56 PM, shanthecitygirl said:

Glad you are feeling strong! I am feeling pretty damn good too!I haven't felt much stronger on my workouts/running but my skin is finally clearing and my nails are so long. Plus I am sleeping great. I even have made some Whole30 meals for my parents and they both are really impressed. Last night was a huge work celebration and I knew it was going to be tough, lots of catered food I didn't know the ingredients for and tons of wine. But I eat a delicious dinner beforehand (my favorite recipe so far) and brought my own sparkling water and snacks so it was easy to avoid temptation.   

We are nearing the end! I honestly haven't felt that much different, aside from getting over the low energy and headaches the first couple days. Clothes do fit looser, which is nice. My husband had to travel for a week and decided to re-start when he came back, so I am thinking of joining him and making this a Whole60.

Archived