Meal intake

Captnshipwreck

New to Whole30 and wasn't able to find anything about intake. Maybe I just missed it but not sure. Have done cuts on the RP Strength and am used to eating 4x per day as well as measuring out food when prepping meals. Can anyone give me insight on if it's just eating 3x per day or what is considered a serving? As an example here is what I am used to eating for breakfast so just need to know how to adjust. 

Breakfast 

-5oz protein (10 egg whites)

-1 cup veg (Spanich,mushroom,tomato)

-100g by weight of whole grain 

-healthy fat (1/2 avocado, 2tbsp natural nut butter) 

only change per meal is carbs go down by 25g per meal with no carbs at dinner. Any insight would be appreciated  

thanks 

• Moderators

Follow the meal template: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

The recommendation is to have three meals per day, where each meal keeps you satisfied 4-5 hours at a time, plus pre- and post-workout meals on days where you work out. If you do find yourself hungry between meals as you get used to eating this way, have a mini-meal of protein, fat, and vegetables, just in a smaller portion.

You'll want to read through the rules -- your whole grains are out: http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/

Eggs, if they're your only protein in a meal, are as many whole eggs as you can hold in your hand. Eat the whole egg, not just the whites, as the yolk is where most of the nutrients are. You'll want more vegetables -- the template says to fill the plate with vegetables after you've added your protein, one cup would be a bare minimum, probably closer to 2-3 cups.

For carbs, you'll use mostly starchy vegetables like potato, sweet potato, winter squashes, root vegetables. Fruit is okay to have, but focus on getting in plenty of vegetables first.

The meal template has recommendations for pre- and post-workout meals, which may differ from what you're used to doing. Generally, people find that for the first week or two, their workouts suffer some as they get used to the program, but then they get back to normal or even improve.

Archived