Green smoothies WITH breakast?

Natalie.s.a

My green drink is a cucumber, two celery stalks, parsley, ginger, lemon and lime juice, a double hand full (or two) of spinach and a half piece of fruit ... currently pear. Sometimes add romaine, collards or kale. Have been doing this nearly daily for 1.5 years. I was at risk of being veg free until I got the VitaMix. I'd buy veg and never get around to using it. Can't say it changed my life, but ... I haven't had a single day of illness. I'm only in to week 2 on Whole30. Rather than gulping it for breakfast (formerly with oatmeal), I now have a pint jar with lunch and another with dinner. And have added avocado half. VitaMix also make nut milks. I was doing almond milk and not bothering to strain it as I was using it on oatmeal. It's very good. Haven't made any since starting W30.

That's more or less what I've done for the last year. Cucumber, a slice on lemon (with peel!), ginger, frozen spinach, broccoli and green beans, and water - and sometimes a quarter apple or 5 grapes if I have any leftover fruit. Very nice and refreshing with my morning eggs. I take care to sip it slowly and 'chew' it though, so my digestion doesn't get too confused.

Archived