Another Vacation & Reintroduction Question

can_do_mom

Hello,

I'm a Whole30 newbie.  I started on January 1st and so far have not (willingly) eaten any non-compliant foods.  I have had two meals out however, where I did not feel the greatest after, so perhaps I unknowingly ate off plan.  Anyway, I will wrap up on January 30 and my husband and I are going to an all inclusive resort in Mexico on February 7th.  (This trip is a last minute business perk given to us, so it wasn't in my planning when I began).  That will give me seven days to reintroduce.  I am wondering if it makes more sense to cut the Whole30 short a few days?  I don't want to look or feel bad during the trip but I'm not sure how well I'll be able to stay on the Whole 30 while traveling.  I'd like to eat some of the amazing Mexican food and enjoy a Margarita or two on the beach! ;)

After Mexico, I am home five days and then I am traveling to Las Vegas on another business trip for five days.  Sooo, it's a very busy month for me.  My thoughts were to try and figure out what my culprits are and then stay away from them as much as possible.  And then perhaps do another Whole30 for the month of March?  I want to take full advantage of the plan, just not sure how to best proceed.

Thanks!

• Administrators

Sorry this got missed. It's really up to you. You won't get the full effects of Whole30 if you shorten it. But you'll have time to figure yourself out and see if anything is enormously distressing. On the other hand you could finish the Whole30 and then try to do reintro in Mexico, of course not knowing how foods affect you. It's a bit of a catch, you just have to figure out how you want to proceed. 

Whichever you choose, know that you are not going to get the full benefits of the program. Either you shorten your W30 or you "skip" your reintro. So whatever you decide, I would recommend that you do another W30 + reintroduction when you have a calmer schedule. :) 

LadyShanny,

If I do another Whole30 would I need to do all 30 days the second time around?  I've seen something about a ten day refresh after having completed a Whole30.  Not sure if that would apply here or if I was just being hopeful, ha ha!  I think I will plan to go the whole 30 days and then begin my reintroduction and hopefully catch my food culprits early.  Time will tell.  

Thank you!

• Administrators

Ya, the Whole7, Whole10, Whole14 are more for people who have done several Whole30s and stick pretty close the rest of the time.

The point of Whole30 to begin with is to do a 30 day elimination and then add foods back. You won't have done that, unfortunately. So while any amount of Whole30 eating is great, no, we wouldn't recommend this course for someone just starting out.

Archived