Did I Blow It on Day 20? Accidental Dairy

I'm on day 20 of my first whole 30, and while it really hasn't been easy - especially for the last few days - I was sure I could make it another 10 (and even the reintroduction 10 after that).

After all of that, today my boyfriend made me a cup of tea, and I had polished off almost half of it before noticing that it had a splash of milk in it. 

He feels terrible, and I'm just at a loss as to what I should do next. I really don't think I can do another full 30+10 at this point, but if I just finish out the next 10 days (plus 10 reintroduction) will the stupid splash of milk mean I won't learn anything at the end? 

Pay attention to how you feel now- did the dairy affect you?? -it's one more data point for you. I'd say the important thing, right now, is to not completely throw in the towel and call it a loss. Get back on board-I think you will learn a lot through 10 more days and reintroduction still. Will your results be compromised? Maybe.on the other hand, you may discover dairy doesn't negatively affect you, so maybe not. You've done such good work so far! The decision about how to frame it for you is your decision, but the article below can help. Maybe in 10 days you'll want to keep going, maybe you'll want to start reintroduction.

http://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

Archived