Am I eating too much fat per meal??

jejohnson

Hello everyone, I'm on day 12 of the Whole30 and feeling great!   So far, I have had none of the negative side effects described in the first two weeks, and have even improved or eliminated some minor health conditions (still working on the big ones!)

Looking at p. 194 in the book (Making Healthy Meals Easy section), I see the recommended amounts of fat per meal.   I realize that I may be going over this amount on some meals, most particularly salads, for example:   on a salad I may put my olive oil vinegar mixture, a handful of olives, 1/2 an avocado, and a small amount of slivered almonds (I don't measure what I'm putting on a salad).  Is this okay or too much for one meal?    If my meal isn't a salad, I my fats are typically just the small amount of oil it was cooked in,  whatever oil may be in a whole30 sauce that I put on top, and I usually add in 1/2 an avocado.  Is this too much for a non-salad meal?

I'm definitely eating enough fats to feel satisfied (having a hard time even eating the third meal of the day), and I feel great, but also have 50-60 lbs to lose, so want to make sure I'm not being counterproductive in that area by eating TOO many fat calories!  

A response from a moderator or advanced member on this topic would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks and have a great day! 

Archived