Starting My Second Whole30

askramer

I am starting my second Whole30 today. I did my first one in August/September. I felt great. I had more energy. Looked leaner and was a happier person. I didn't get the clear skin though. My face actually broke out more. All in all it was wonderful and I was going to eat like this the rest of my life. Then I reintroduced corn, I was so nauseous. Dairy gave me a headache. I never reintroduced gluten b/c I knew that wouldn't make me feel good. Sugar also made me feel sick and shaky. So I kept eathing Whole30. Then I started "off roading" here and there. A glass of wine, some air popped popcorn with grass fed butter, a few corn chips. Over the next couple of weeks the glass of wine became 3, the chips became kettle cooked salt and vinegar chips, then I added in chocoalate coconutmilk icecream. Slowly I started to have more pain, loose my temper more, etc. Soooo now I am back. I feel frustrated b/c i wasn't able to keep a balance of mostly Whole30 eating and just "off roading" once in a while. Instead I slipped right back into my emotional eating. I guess i need the guidlines of the whole30 right now. I singned up for the daily Whole30 again this time as well. I like the accountability it offers. Maybe this time I will be able to finally kick my emotional eating habits and find more balance at the end of my whole30.

Good for you for knowing that it's time to do a whole30. The daily Whole30 is awesome and helped me through my second Whole30. Don't feel bad that you slipped back into emotional eating. It's all a process that takes some time. Thirty days is not enough time to negate emotions. Give yourself a pat on the back for listening to your body and knowing that you could be feeling better if you didn't eat junk. You're teaching yourself great lessons that will help to reinforce this lifestyle change for you. I bet you'll think carefully before allowing yourself to slide too much in the future. Best wishes to you!

Archived