My Paleo Obsession- Whole 30 start date Oct 24 = Turkey Day Compliancy

c_k_b

Holy Crap! I believe I have found what I was looking for... I am a foodee, a locavore, a crazy cook, and madly in love with evolutionary science.

I have been dabbling on my own with this sorcery, this witch craft called Paleo. I have dipped below a large milestone weight without restricting my food intake, just changing it. I feel better, My clothes fit, old friends stop and say, "Damn! You look good!" And I still could stand to lose or firm up 50+ lbs.

While I have already completed 2 rounds of Whole 30, somehow I missed the "Join" button. Now I am starting a shared experience... anyone else foolish/smart enough to start on a day that ensures Turkey Day will be/must be compliant? I am sooo excited!!! I actually started yesterday...

Poached eggs for breakfast with greens (we call it "French Breakfast"), and black coffee;

Lunch- Curry Chicken Salad (my kids' favorite lunch);

Dinner- two chicken livers and stir fried paleo rice (cauliflower cut fine) while I waited for the stuffed peppers to cook, then I ate two of them, as well.

But here it is morning again... Today I am making a zucchini and mushroom frittata for breakfast- saute up onions, mushrooms and zucchini, scramble eggs and pour over, heat down real low until set.

I am psyched for everything except the "Before" Picture. Ugh, do I have to?

Great accomplishments!!! I will done with my first whole30 two days before Thanksgiving. I am making a gluten/grain free meal for 10 family members, there will be a mix of whole30 non-compliant foods (scratch green bean casserole made with cream) and compliant foods (sweet potato casserole). I will see what I decide to eat "game day" or if I will try the re-introduction of dairy that week. Good luck and keep up the great work.

I made stuffing using rutabagas last month. My 15 year was a sworn enemy of rutabagas- but hehe... I "got" him. I made a truly incredibly tasty stuffing using rutabagas, onions, celery, and mushrooms... chicken fat and butter, salt, pepper, and heavy doses of poultry herbs. YOU COULD NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE!!! No really. My savy son came home, exclaimed about the yum-o smell coming from the oven and when served, gobbled down a heaping portion of dinner. I warned him. I said- "Dude, you're gonna hate me!" When he was just about finished, after asking three times if there was bread in the stuffing (he is quite paleo aware), I danced around the kitchen sing (ala Frank Zappa) Rutabaga, Rutabaga, Rutaaaaaaabaaaaaagaaaaaaaaah! It was the happiest moment of my life!

He still claims he does not like rutabagas. Punk.

I never took before pictures, but I wish I had. You certainly don't have to share pictures with anyone.

You are right... I will ask my daughter to help... =(

I still can't believe I am excited and happy about being 200 lbs, but really, it is so much better than 250. =\ *I will not touch my scale, I will not touch my scale, I will not...

Archived