Panera - Green Passion Smoothie

History&Pearls

So yeah, I know smoothie's aren't encouraged. I get that. I understand why. But. It's 80 degrees in February and I want a smoothie. 

The Green Passion Smoothie has: 

Detailed Ingredients

Peach Mango Base (Mango And Peach Purees, White Grape And Passionfruit Juice Concentrates, Water, Natural Flavors), Water, Spinach.

Looks compliant to me, but I want to make sure no one else is seeing something I'm not! 

Yes, all of those ingredients are compliant. BUT...

Have you read "It Starts With Food"? There's a great passage about fruit smoothies and why they are discouraged on pages 192-193. 

All of that fruit combined looks like fuel for the sugar dragon, IMO. How about an ice cold sparkling water with a slice of lemon or lime instead? :) 

9 minutes ago, coffeebean68 said:

Yes, all of those ingredients are compliant. BUT...

Have you read "It Starts With Food"? There's a great passage about fruit smoothies and why they are discouraged on pages 192-193. 

All of that fruit combined looks like fuel for the sugar dragon, IMO. How about an ice cold sparkling water with a slice of lemon or lime instead? :) 

Yes...my original post definitely states that I've read ISWF, and I definitely know the deal. I'll scoot out of here real fast with my desire to drink a smoothie this one time, mostly for convenience sake, just wanted another set of eyes. 

Archived