April 3rd start date...new to whole30!

40by41

• Moderators
On 4/20/2017 at 1:22 PM, Junebug2015 said:

I’ve listed out typical meals below, as well as water consumption, meal timing, and some other info that I thought might be healthy.

Typical breakfasts

3 eggs in some form (hard boiled, in egg bake, or fried - always pastured eggs)
1 cup of veggies (usually spinach, peppers, onions, or mushrooms - if I'm not eating veggies via an egg bake, then I just eat power greens dressed with olive oil and lemon juice)
1/4 to 1/2 avocado with olive oil and salt and pepper
Sometimes will have a bit of fruit, like a couple strawberries or half a green apple (I'm generally not a big fruit person)

Typical lunches

1 cup of chicken salad (slow-cooked organic chicken thighs marinated in olive oil, balsamic, and lemon juice with chopped celery and onion)
Butter lettuce wraps (about 8 "leaves" of lettuce) and celery and carrot sticks
1/4 to 1/2 avocado

Two Applegate Farms compliant chicken sausages
One green pepper and 1/2 onion, sautéed in olive oil
1 cup power greens with 1/4 to 1/2 avocado dressed with olive oil, orange juice (squeezed myself) and apple cider vinegar

Typical dinners

1/2 pound meatballs (grass-fed ground beef, an egg and some almond flour, pan seared in olive oil)
1 cup homemade marinara sauce with tomatoes and carrots
One whole zucchini (spiralized), sautéed in olive oil
*This is the meatballs and zoodles recipe on the Whole30 website)

1/2 pound hake brushed with basil pesto (made with olive oil, melted ghee, and basil), pan seared in olive oil
One head of broccoli, roasted with olive oil and garlic
Riced cauliflower cooked in about 1/4 cup homemade beef bone broth

I’m pretty liberal with olive oil and other fats when I’m cooking – I usually use about two tablespoons when roasting vegetables and one to two tablespoons when marinating and cooking meat.

Typical snacks

Epic pork jerky bar
Green apple or banana with mini packet of almond butter (I know this isn’t ideal)
A small handful of almonds (again, I know this isn’t ideal)
Slices of prosciutto or compliant roast beef with carrot sticks and celery

Water consumption

2 cups (about 16 ounces) of green tea or coffee in the morning
About 36 ounces while at work
Can of La Croix for lunch
16 ounces at night when at home

Meal timing

I wake up around 7:30. I eat breakfast either at home around 8:00 or when I get to work at 9:30. I usually eat lunch 4 hours after my breakfast (so noon or 1:30 depending on when I ate). I usually eat a snack around 5:00 because I work out right after work. I eat dinner around 7:30 or 8:00 and have a cup of non-caffeinated tea before bed at 10:00. I’m usually in bed by 10:30 or 11:00. The only time I really feel hungry is at the end of the work day just before I work out.

Exercise

I work out 4-5 times per week for 30 minutes. I either run at a 9:30-10:00/mile pace or do calisthenics circuits. Before starting the Whole30, I wasn’t working out regularly, so this workout routine is new as of 18 days ago. I was previously very active, so this type of exercise does not feel overly strenuous to me (aside from the pains of starting up again J)

Water consumption

2 cups of green tea or coffee in the morning
About 36 ounces while at work
Can of La Croix with lunch
16 ounces at night when at home
1 cup of non-caffeinated tea before bed

And thanks for the optimism @fitzgeraldm92 ! I think yesterday just knocked me down a bit, and the fact that I haven't felt a HUGE difference since starting the Whole30 is a little frustrating. I should mention that I definitely feels slimmer and less bloated in the stomach region, but I was hoping for more positive effects on my sleep (which has always been bad).

EDITED: For reference, I'm 5'5'' and about 135 pounds (it may be helpful in evaluating portion sizes).

I don't see anything that really stands out, however if you're needing snacks, that tells me that you're not eating enough... try bumping up your meals and add fat instead of relying on the cooking fat.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Kristawesome said:

Day 29!! How's everyone doing? Excited to almost be done? Or anxious about reintroducing foods to your diet? I, for one, cannot wait to have a glass of wine with dinner soon :D

I am SO excited and honestly just proud of myself for making it this far. Most of my anxiety around reintroduction is because I want ice cream SO BADLY (my sugar cravings after dinner truly haven't subsided on Whole30). I'm worried that on Day 31 I'm going to break and binge since Whole30 is "officially" over. I'm trying to not think about it as over yet. I am looking forward to a glass of wine with dinner on Wednesday though! I'd love to hear how everyone is planning on tackling reintroduction (what foods you're going to eat). 

Archived